Job Responsibilities : Partner Program Strategist, Microsoft Cloud Partner Program
Salary : $75900 per year
Company : Microsoft
Location : Remote US
Role: Partner Program Strategist – Microsoft Cloud Partner Program (individual contributor)
Who We Are:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams to bring their best. We create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world; come help us achieve this mission.
What We’re Doing:
Within Microsoft’s Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization we are accelerating digital transformation for our customers partners as well as internally at Microsoft as we continue to expand our offerings of products and services to meet our shared customers’ needs along this journey. As our ecosystem grows we evolve to keep up with the needs of hundreds of newly enrolling partners (every day) and hundreds of thousands of existing partners already aboard with us.
Why We Need You:
We were 1st to market as a leader in technology that oriented our company as partner led. Since then we have been under the microscope of our competitors in a race to create & evolve timely relevant and valuable channel programs able to recruit/retain an ecosystem of partners that are strategically critical to the durability & strength of our business.
We need to lead from the front in this race by deploying net-new partner program offerings that incentivize the recruitment and retention of partners delivering excellent customer outcomes along the entirety of the customer journey – from assessing technology solutions that meet their business needs to implementing those solutions to receiving a unified support experience from Microsoft and 3rd party partner organizations. In this role you will lead the design build and launch of partner programs that allow us to meet the capacity needed to serve our customers invest more in those partners and accelerate our mutual growth.
Work with industry analysts and our compete team to assess our partner channel’s current and trending position in the market across technology solutions. Identify gaps and opportunities to adjust competitive positioning through program offerings that support customer growth.
Design and document partner programs to meet customer demand and accelerate partner growth through partner programs that balance partner expectations and cost optimizing for customer outcome-based ROI. Establish baselines and forecast for quantifiable impact.
Sell the strategy to sponsors across the organization to secure necessary resources and gain buy-in from the project team to reach shared goals. Lead a virtual project team of strategists engineers marketers and support team members to complete program design build go-to-market launch and support for all partner programs.
Deliver results. Run regular business reviews to assess the quantifiable impact of in-market programs leverage best practices adjust strategy and contribute to our team’s key results.
- 5+ years experience in program/project management
- 3-5+ years experience in channel program strategy or partner business development/alliance management
- A natural competitor motived by an ability to assess the competition build the plan and compete to win
- Track record of driving business/product outcomes with objectives key results and facts grounded in data
- Ability to translate complex business opportunities into simple marketable and effective solutions
- Proven ability to work across groups and business functions; influencing for impact in a matrixed organization
- Skilled at prioritization creating order and driving concise actionable executive-level insights and calls to action
- Confidence under pressure built through a reputation of precision accuracy and subject matter expertise
- LOCATION: remote anywhere in the United States
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.