Job Responsibilities : Security Sales Specialist
Salary : 63000 per Year
Company : Microsoft
Location : Remote US
Internal candidates: please read the internal applicant section at the bottom of the posting for internal process information.
We are currently looking for Security Sales Specialists to join our teams across our various business groups: Enterprise Small Medium & Corporate as well as Regulated Industries. By applying to this role you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research to provide its customers with solutions that integrate across the ecosystem by connecting all of your identities endpoints apps emails docs and clouds to help you close critical gaps in coverage reduce risk and save costs with a streamlined security portfolio.
As we continue to grow as a Security Specialist organization we are hiring enterprise sales professionals to run and drive security engagements within our largest accounts. Join a team of Cybersecurity Professionals lead by a diverse set of leaders from across the industry. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
As the Security Sales Specialist you are considered a subject matter expert with deep technical expertise within our enterprise sales organization. You will be expected to exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments. You develop trusted relationships at an executive level and build credibility across all levels of the customer’s organization through a concrete understanding of our products and areas that can be resolved by our solutions.
You feel empowered by our product offerings – and love a technical challenge.
- Acquire lead and develop security opportunities (remote work security compliance cloud security) in your assigned territory
- Strong account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within your accounts
- Own opportunities from qualification to close by orchestrating a virtual team of sales technical services and partner resources across an extensive portfolio of products
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybersecurity industry products and competitor offerings
- Develop relationships with customer CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers
- Fundamental understanding of security threats solutions security tools and network technologies
- Communicate value propositions to clients and stakeholders that speak to their needs and requirements
- Stay updated on industry news and trends and how they affect Microsoft products and services
- Travel as necessary within your territory and to company-wide meetings
We are currently hiring across a variety of teams with various levels of skills and experiences required. Below maps the minimum required qualifications to be considered for these positions.
- 3+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field AND 2+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- At least 1 year of experience selling to or consulting with security technology solutions like including intrusion monitoring threat detection and prevention systems firewalls and DDOS prevention solutions) data protection technology including encryption key management data loss prevention and hardware security modules and identity management systems including directories access servers authorization services identity provisioning and governance systems
- Understand how to win by leveraging Channel and strategic partners
- Experience or ability to demonstrate the product in front of customers
- History of exceeding your quota
- Demonstrated ability to segment accounts across the territory and dig in using the entire ecosystem
- Ability to lead all aspects of the of the sales cycle; ability to uncover qualify develop and close net new business in accounts
- Possess a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to enterprise customers
- Excellent time management skills and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- Highly competitive ramp quickly extremely adaptive and pride yourself on exceeding production goals
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $120500 and $198000.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits a 401(k) plan and company match short-term and long-term disability coverage basic life insurance and fitness benefits among others.