Job Responsibilities : Technical Support Engineering – Teams Subject Matter Expert
Salary : $72000 per year
Company : Microsoft
Location : Remote US
Microsoft 365 focuses on its productivity cloud strategy and enabling secure remote work for its customers and we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products the communities where we live and work and the lives of our employees. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft 365 FastTrack:
The Microsoft 365 FastTrack SME will be helping businesses transition their software and data into the M365 cloud and taking ownership of the process. Using a growth mindset you will power the customer’s digital transformation through enablement of Microsoft 365 workloads by leveraging the FastTrack Service deployment approach.
In this role you will become the world’s best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn and grow.
Response and Resolution
- Reviews complex issues (e.g. multiple components of a product) and contacts customers to understand issue. Ensures customers stay informed as to the status/solution of their issue. Utilizes troubleshooting tools (e.g. event logs performance traces) to help resolve customer issues.
- Acts as an advisor to the customer and handles complex repeatable or escalated cases that may become politically charged. Creates technical articles or knowledge base (e.g. edits or creates news/ knowledge-base articles) that is internal or customer facing for better customer understand. Provides best practices and education to ensure customer understands the problem in order to proactively resolve potential issues in the future.
- Performs complex product troubleshooting and remediation when needed. Works alongside the development teams to drive incident resolution for configuration code or other service deficiencies impacting customers. Analyzes patterns of problems and identifies workflows to optimize support engineering delivery for a team or region level.
- Collaborates on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups including support engineering groups product groups services team and account team as needed to resolve complex customer issues.
- Implements end-to-end readiness programs (e.g. mentoring leading triages content creation brown bag sessions blogs quality assurance checks writes technical articles) and contributes to the content and readiness strategy. Mentors Technical Support Engineers or members from other teams outside of Customer Service and Support (CSS). Develops expert level competence on support topics.
- Provides feedback to more senior engineers or serviceability team on functionality of products based on engagements with customers. Provides feedback to the product group for product improvement. Leverages overall product knowledge to determine if and when features require enhancements.
- Engages with engineering team to investigate product bugs provides business impact and collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and senior team members on fixes.
- Contributes to and/or develops automation techniques and diagnostic tools to improve cross-group effectiveness.
- Translates feedback and creates processes and workflows for case resolution.
- Participates in case triage meetings and/or case discussions to share knowledge with other engineers and contribute to more rapid customer solutions. Utilizes learnings from triage meetings to identify and communicate readiness needs to manager or readiness team.
- Implements strategic business decisions with customers partners and teams to increase market share. Influences peers to implement strategy.
- Embody our culture and values
- 5+ years technical support technical consulting experience or information technology experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Information Technology (IT) or related field AND 3+ years technical support technical consulting experience or information technology experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment.
- At least 1 year of technical experience deploying administrating and/or supporting any of the following: Teams Skype for Business Online Telephony (Inbound Voice Routing Call Queues Number porting)Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP IM real-time communications UM such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams Jabber Exchange ZoomCisco WebEX networking sys admin desktop support or related.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Microsoft Technology Certifications.
- Expert Experience in Teams and Skype for Business Online.
- Experience and understanding of Session Border Controllers a plus.
- Experience with hard phones and room systems a plus.
- Implementation and management of Teams and Skype for Business Online.
- User Policy Application and usage.
- Experience on working with Telephony(Inbound Voice Routing Call Queues Number porting) a plus.
- Experience with migration between Unified communication environments.
- Experience Troubleshooting Skype for Business Online related issues.
- Office 365 and related technologies including core infrastructure Active Directory Exchange SharePoint and Teams.
- Previous experience deploying administrating and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP IM real-time communications UM such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams Jabber Exchange Zoom or Cisco WebEX is highly desired but not required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication network connectivity messaging SIP or VoIP and Unified Communications.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting organization communication and collaboration.
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols TCP/ DNS QoS SIP VLANs and WAN protocols and technologies is ideal.
- Initiative to develop expertise on new technologies beyond the provided classroom training.
- Candidates with strong and lengthy experience in supporting complex enterprise solutions and networking operating systems (preferably Windows Server but not limited to) for 3 years or more will be considered even when the above qualifications may not all be present.
- Solid understanding of client/server networking and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Desired background in VoIP PSTN converged voice and data IP communications packages VoIP Hosted PBX SIP trunks all-in-one voice and video web conferencing network monitoring and diagnosis.
- Programming and debugging skills are a plus but not required. The ability to read and analyze network traces is ideal.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.