Job Responsibilities : Modern Work Specialist
Salary : $130000 per year
Company : Microsoft
Location : Remote US
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We have three Specialist roles within Modern Work solution:
- Modern Work Specialist: You will be on point to orchestrate an extensive v-team covering multiple areas across: Remote Work Security & Compliance Teamwork Insights Surface and Phone System to architect a solution that will empower their employees and drive their business and work in a team enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Work of Microsoft 365
- Surface Specialist: You will drive new revenue growth across the entire Surface device and accessories portfolio
- Managed Consulting Services Modern Work Specialist: You will secure strategic new business wins for Microsoft Consulting Services
As a Modern Work Specialist you will:
- Be the M365 sales leader and expert for your assigned set of accounts
- Hunt new opportunities by identifying and engaging with key business and technical contacts understanding customers’ business and technology priorities governance decision and budget processes and landing the value proposition of our Microsoft technologies
- Own and drive new revenue growth for solutions within assigned accounts by setting and achieving monthly sales forecasts.
- Deliver customer business transformation and success through accelerated adoption and usage resulting in customer references that can be leveraged in future sales engagements.
- Compete proactively to win new business and share through differentiated customer business value evaluating customer alternatives and refining competitive strategy
Be the interface to the customer and orchestrate a v-team of resources to solve customer problems
- Identify customer business and technology challenges and bring them to agreement on the business value of modern work solutions – including detailed relevant BDM ITDM & Industry use cases solution briefings and demos and financial analysis such as Total Cost of Ownership Cost Take Out & Return on Investment
- Own opportunities from qualification to close by orchestrating an extensive virtual team consisting of technical and partner roles across an extensive portfolio of products escalating issues for internal business and technical teams and negotiating final proposals.
- Orchestrate the completion of a successful Customer Success Plan in all new opportunities before opportunity is closed to drive deployment and usage.
- Foster and expand Microsoft’s relationships with Customer Business Decision Makers and lead sales team to blockers to evaluation contracting deployment and usage.
Stay sharp and assist Microsoft transform how we deliver value to customers
- Continuously nurture and expand sales business technology and competitive readiness.
- Participate in internal Microsoft sales communities and in the broader industry through events yammer Teams sites community gatherings and more.
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options while also being able to successfully execute on complex opportunities.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation organizational presentation financial acumen written and verbal communication skills.
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability characteristics and
- determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Collaborative. Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field Microsoft partners and Microsoft corporate sales engineering and marketing to solve customer and partner issues leverage best practices & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving learning and development of potential
Sales & Technology
- Amazing Salesperson: Exhibits outstanding operational excellence – including monthly/quarterly forecasting building healthy pipeline CRM entry and hygiene opportunity management and virtual team orchestration
- Hunter: Experience driving new sales and customers using innovative approaches leveraging joint partnership events social selling (Linkedln) and networking.
- Technical breadth: Enterprise customer level experience with cloud hybrid infrastructures productivity and security technologies and industry standards recommended.
- Overachiever: Exceeds sales goals in an assigned sales territory.
- Leader: Demonstrated sales and partner management experience with executive communications engagement and influence
- Proficient: Experience with complex sales training (e.g. Miller Hyman Spin Michael Bosworth Holden etc.) and sales methodologies
- Challenger mindset: Competes to win new market share
- Influential: Significant experience delivering persuasive presentations to business decision makers.
- 3+ years of selling to or consulting with enterprise customers or driving digital transformation from within an enterprise company.
- 1+ years of experience with Modern Work solutions like: M365 Teams Surface or other similar technologies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $120500 and $198000.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits a 401(k) plan and company match short-term and long-term disability coverage basic life insurance and fitness benefits among others.