Job Responsibilities : Meeting & Events Coordinator
Salary : 19 per Hour
Company : NAIS
Location : Remote US
Meeting & Events Coordinator
The Meeting & Events Coordinator will provide coordination and administrative support of the day-to-day programmatic and logistical operations for the team including providing support for current and future NAIS events. This versatile role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of pre-meeting preparation on-site logistics and registration.
- Works with the VP of Events Logistics and Team in coordinating the execution and delivery of all NAIS events to include in person hybrid and Virtual large conferences institutes workshops and other meetings
- Helps to coordinate the workshop submission and review process for programs such as the NAIS Annual Conference and the People of Color Conference.
- Serves as a responsive and welcoming point of contact for questions and issues related events.
- Works with the VP of Events Logistics and Team to establish registration business rules set-up requirements/timelines and maintain registration pacing and status reports.
- Supports the VP of Events Logistics and Team in facilitating the keynote speaker process including researching contact information coordinating speaker follow-up and tracking the status of speaker materials and travel.
- Researches and coordinates the distribution of staff uniforms and/or attendee giveaways.
- Assists with setting up a virtual conference platform and cross-checking details in preparation for launch.
- Maintains current knowledge of event planning standards and trends by attending seminars consulting with other professionals and reading trade publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to three years of experience preferred in administrative or coordinator positions preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Ability to communicate and execute different tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Ability to work independently while still being an effective contributing team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; able to adapt and learn new software and web-based systems
- Proficiency with using Zoom for interactive programming
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer Service:
- Committed to increasing customer satisfaction sets proper customer expectations assumes responsibility for solving customer problems ensures commitments to customers are met.
- Cultural Competency:
- Possesses the cultural awareness knowledge skills and disposition necessary to communicate effectively with a wide range of diverse constituents help identify develop and support programs products and services that are responsive to their unique needs.
- Understand and communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats which include writing speaking reading listening and interpersonal skills.
- Meets commitments works independently accepts accountability handles change sets personal standards stays focused under pressure meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- HR Role: Individual Contributor
- Status & Classification: Regular Full-time Exempt
- Business Unit: Event Logistics
- Supervisor: VP of Event Logistics
- Location: Washington DC currently remote
- Physical Requirements: Some physical activity required for events. Need to be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Travel: Some travel
The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race color religion gender sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin age disability genetic information personal appearance marital status family responsibilities political affiliation matriculation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal state and local laws. Disclaimer: This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. NAIS reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time as determined by the needs of the organization.