Job Responsibilities : Financial Analyst
Salary : $43.31 an hour
Company : Capital Power
Location : Remote CA
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton Alberta we’re a growth oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations. We’re passionate about our employees and place their entire wellbeing at the center of our people strategy. We are proud to foster a culture that values diversity equity and inclusion; recognizing this is paramount to help grow our company and reach our net carbon neutral by 2050 goal. We’re proud to foster an inclusive environment where employees are empowered to be their best make meaningful contributions and go home safe every day.
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Financial Analysis team.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Analysis the Financial Analyst will partner with internal stakeholders to provide insights into financial and operational trends of Capital Power’s fleet of renewable assets (wind and solar). This includes analysis of actual results business partnering and preparation of robust financial forecasts.
You will contribute to our team by:
- Building collaborative relationships with other finance groups commercial management plant operations and other internal stakeholders to support the assigned assets.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to develop the long-term plan budget and quarterly forecast processes for the assigned facilities.
- Maintaining building and improving financial models for individual assets and consolidation entry and analysis of forward-looking financial information with guidance from the Manager Financial Analysis.
- Performing the initial review and analysis of financial forecast information provided by plant and commercial managers for reasonability and ensuring it is captured accurately within our models and planning tools.
- Preparing entering loading and validating forward-looking data into financial systems.
- Maintaining building and improving financial models & reporting for analysis of actual results against forward looking projections.
- Preparing variance analysis for the assigned facilities focusing on the business’s needs key drivers and important trends. This includes following up with internal stakeholders and flagging risks/issues to the Manager Financial Analysis for further action and review.
- Assisting the Manager Financial Analysis on projects and complex analysis for non-routine matters needed to understand or manage the business.
- Assisting with recommending and updating procedures to ensure the smooth operation of forecast budget and LTP processes.
- Acting as a role model in demonstrating Health Safety & Environment orientation in the Financial Reporting team; adhering to HSE procedures/rules and standards.
What you will bring to the role
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business Finance or Accounting.
- Professional accounting designation an asset.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Exposure to variance analysis financial forecasting and/or business partnering.
- Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills curiosity and the ability to work effectively with non-financial individuals.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Power BI Oracle and/or Hyperion is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the power generation business is an asset.
- Primarily office or hybrid work from home arrangements.
- Some evening and weekend work is required in this position but identified most often in advance.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week.
Job Grade: T2
Salary Range: $43.31 per hour
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification reference checks and criminal record check.
Capital Power requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the only exception being those people having verified medical or religious exemption as per applicable human rights law.
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or proof of a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law.
We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellbeing program comprehensive onboarding and training and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats communication support or other accessibility assistance by contacting our careers inbox.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805194.
Job Types: Full-time Permanent
- 8 hour shift