Job Responsibilities : Health Records Tech Coder
Salary : $50000 Per Year
Company : Grand River Hospital
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
Union: UNIFOR Clerical
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Contract End Date: March 18 2022
Shift: UNIFOR PT – 7.5 hour shifts – Rotating Shift work is expected
Responsible for coding and abstracting inpatient (Acute Mental Health Rehab and CCC) Day Surgery Emergency and Outpatient records as required. Supports the efficient operation of the Health Data Quality Department ensuring that all legal accreditation and hospital requirements are met.
Strong interpersonal skills required to establish a positive communication framework with the clinical staff for real time on-unit coding as well as a key point of contact affiliate for the Clinical Documentation Improvement Committee. Flexibility is required to work in various settings including on the unit in the department and at home. Shift work will be required in order to ensure communication with all providers and clinical staff within the circle of care is established. Outcome expectation is to ensure documentation requirements for coding is achieved for best data quality. This is in accordance with the new Health System Funding Reform. Recognition and adherence to the respectful workplace policy is imperative. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients staff and visitors.
- Graduate of an approved HIM Program
- Active member in good standing with the CHIMA
- Proficient in the use of ICD10 coding system and ICDO 3rd edition morphology coding methodology
- Proficient in the use of Med2020 abstracting and reporting system
- Ability to participate in constructive feedback with peers regarding coding integrity and data quality. This may include internal and peer coding audits.
- Ability to meet and exceed expected productivity quotas. Minimum standards are 90 for ER 18 for IP and 60 for DS and other coding mandates as required.
- Availability for shift work when required
- Identification of deficiencies and reconciliation may be required.
- Flexibility in thinking and openness to change is an asset.
- Familiar with MOHLTC funding and MIS reporting methodologies
- Medical Terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and physicians
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Good Attendance Record
- Working from home required.
- Other duties as assigned
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients staff and community from COVID-19 subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization and welcome all applicants including but not limited to: racialized communities all religions and ethnicities persons with disabilities LGBTQ2S+ persons Indigenous people and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application interview or selection processes please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.