Job Responsibilities : Medical Billing Representative – National Remote
Salary : $16 Per Hour
Company : Optum
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here innovation isn’t about another gadget it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
What makes this a special challenge? For one we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy communications style and effectiveness. Also you’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before during and after calls within a high volume demanding environment.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work an 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm EST. It may be necessary given the business need to work occasional overtime. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Gathering information needed to complete billing process from operational areas including physicians
- Answers billing correspondence answer telephone calls and follow up on requests for information
- Assist with coding and error resolution
- Learn medical specialties specifically assigned
- Review claim payments for accuracy and compliance and posts payments appropriately
- Resolve claims problems with insurance carriers
- Utilize available tools to keep accounts receivable current
- Maintain updated provider information for billing purposes
- Work to follow-up on accounts until zero balance or turned over for collection
- Provide feedback to providers and operational staff regarding denials payments coding etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in .
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience with professional medical billing
- 2+ years of experience with AR Follow Up Denials Resolution and Revenue Cycle practices/procedures
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work within our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm EST
- 3+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. accounts receivable follows up revenue cycle management administrative clerical customer service etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Working knowledge of more than one medical specialty
- Experience working with ECW (e-clinical works) – practice management system
- Have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot difficult medial claims.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle difficult patient situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of accounts receivable management
- Ability to multi-task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado Connecticut Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.