Job Responsibilities : Nursing Assistant (Acute Psych)
Salary : $32,570 – $46,953 a year
Company : US Veterans Health Administration
Location : Temporarily remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- All duties performed will be completed under close supervision with appropriate training and competencies for assigned task.
- Will learn to appropriately utilize glucose monitoring machine to collect and document appropriate glucose readings for assigned veteran. Maintains a positive therapeutic relationship by displaying respect for human dignity with patient families and/or significant others utilizing learned communication skills.
- Begins to utilize observation skills for data collection reporting and recording patient/resident observations.
- Demonstrates basic skill in identifying the individual’s level of understanding and teaching the client and/or significant other about the basic concepts to his/her disease process utilizing the standards of care and documenting client’s response.
- Makes observations and documents care and the patient’s response. Appropriately seeks assistance and guidance by informing RN or medical provider of changes in the patient’s condition requiring higher-level intervention.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination.