Job Responsibilities : Medical Assistant
Salary : $55000 per year
Company : One Gi Llc
Location : Tupelo, MS 38801 US
TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Clinical Services Manager
FUNCTION: Provide individualized care for patients in accordance with established policies and procedures. Work cooperatively with physicians and other staff members. Demonstrate initiative insight and judgment in making decisions.
1. Escort patients throughout the office as needed.
2. Perform routine patient check-in procedures including patient work-ups and new patient history.
2. Prepare examination rooms to include cleaning and restocking of supplies.
3. Chaperon during examination of female patients.
4. Assist with dressing and undressing of patients as needed.
5. Administer intramuscular and subcutaneous medications as directed by physician.
6. Perform phlebotomy for lab work and complete required forms.
7. Explain procedures and prep instructions to patients.
8. Approve prescriptions and communicate with pharmacies at direction of physicians.
9. Assist in maintaining general medical records.
10. Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
11. Schedule patient appointments and other procedures in the computer as needed.
12. Schedule outpatient x-rays and tests as needed.
13. Triage patient calls and handle other patient calls as appropriate.
14. Perform precertification duties as necessary.
15. Perform duties of endoscopy nurse as needed.
16. Other duties as required.
17. Successfully completes all training requirements (i.e. OSHA HIPAA safety compliance etc.).
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements and/or guidelines. These requirements/guidelines include but are not limited to: AAAHC standards OSHA HIPAA Federal Fraud and Abuse laws.
- Other duties as required.
- Conduct all duties in a manner which is conducive to the policies and procedures of the One GI.
JOB EXPOSURE DETERMINATION: Involves occupational exposure to blood tissue and bodily fluids.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum requirements for this position are the Medical Assistant certification or the equivalent and previous M.D. office experience or clinical work. Have a pleasant and caring disposition. Maintain current licensure and BLS certification. Membership in the State and National SGNA recommended.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Does not supervise any employees. Receives supervision from Clinical Services Manager and all physicians.