Job Responsibilities : Mechanical Engineers
Salary : $68000 Per Year
Company : Tetra Tech
Location : Remote CA
Calgary AB – 2000 250 6 Ave SW
Vancouver BC – 1000 885 Dunsmuir Street
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting engineering program management construction management and technical services throughout Canada. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global multibillion-dollar company with local client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21000 associates working together to provide smart scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water environment infrastructure resource management energy and international development. Tetra Tech employs more than 3500 experts in Canada who are poised to take on the next challenge. From more than 50 offices across the country our multidisciplinary teams have capabilities that span the entire project life cycle.
Both the Calgary and Vancouver office locations specialize in small to mid-sized projects for clients across Canada. The types of clients we work for include:
- Heavy Industrial Facilities
- Pipelines and Refineries
- Mineral Processing
- Municipal & Utilities
- Water treatment
We are currently searching for Mechanical Engineers to join our team in Calgary AB and Vancouver BC. Mechanical team members will work closely with a group of engineering professionals and will gain valuable hands-on engineering experience in a challenging and versatile engineering consulting environment.
- Interface with project team members to complete assigned tasks
- Generate and participate in studies and detail designs
- Undertake calculations analysis and simulations from basic or first principles following established design practices as directed by senior engineers
- Prepare basic design and/or engineering reports when requested
- Assist in the management of drawing and document lists distribution matrices squad check coordination and records management
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards
- Prepare and manage material take-offs and requisition packages including vendor document reviews and approvals
- Provide direction to piping designers for pipe routing and equipment layouts
- Review piping drawings and plans
- Review alignment sheets crossing drawings
- Prepare manhour estimates for project scopes and change-orders for piping/mechanical disciplines
- Provide mechanical input PIDs valves skids etc
- Intermediate/Senior Engineers will prepare engineering calculations and reports for the following (based on experience or role):
- Stress Analysis (Ceasar II Autopipe NozzlePro PV Elite CodeCalc)
- Transient Analysis (AFT Impulse Bentley Hammer SPS)
- Pump Calculations (PipeFlo SRC Slurry)
- Pipeline sizing and wall thickness calculations
- Piping wall thickness calculations
- Hot tap calculations (piping tank pressure vessel)
- Code Evaluation
- Equipment sizing
- Material specifications
- Preparing vendor requisitions and evaluating vendor drawings/submittals
- Proven ability to mentor junior engineers is required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 4-9 years of experience for Intermediate Engineers
- 10+ years of experience for Senior Engineers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgement and initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in Oilsands MOC projects would be an asset
- Previous experience in Tailings and Hydro-transport projects would be an asset
- Previous experience in Pipeline and Pipeline facilities would be an asset
- Previous field experience in an operating facility or construction would be an asset
- Previous experience in mineral mining projects would be an asset
SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS:
- Experience using 3D AutoCad or equivalent is an asset
- Autopipe Ceasar II NozzlePro Abacus experience is an asset
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook Excel Word)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered as an EIT or P.Eng with APEGA (or eligible to be registered)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS :
- A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- If you are considered for the position clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal identity educational and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some Tetra Tech positions require an enhanced level of background assessment which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic travel within Canada to client sites and regional Tetra Tech offices will be required
- Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing and background checks may be required for our client worksites
- Must be able to adhere to our Office Vaccination & Covid Policies. We will be confirming your eligibility to comply with these requirements.
- Current Working Environment: Hybrid Working Arrangement (In office & work from home)
COME JOIN US!
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth we offer an attractive employee package including:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Rewarding retirement savings program
- Professional development opportunities
- Great working location right in the heart of downtown Calgary and downtown Vancouver
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity inclusion and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race color religion national origin military or veteran status gender age disabilities sexual orientation gender identity pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women; Indigenous persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Stay connected to us:
- Find out more about Tetra Tech Canada
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for the latest news
- Visit our Careers page and create a profile to receive Job Alerts
- Read our Tetra Tech newsletter to see what we’re doing in your community
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women Indigenous persons persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter at: www.tetratech.com/careers. We thank all those that apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.