Job Responsibilities : PreK-5 Math Curriculum Writer
Salary : $50 – $75 an hour
Company : Open Up Resources
Location : Remote US
Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a publisher of high-quality open educational resources in core content areas with a vision of providing teachers with the tools to engage students in liberating educational experiences.
Open Up Resources’ portfolio seeks to include the highest-quality PK-12 curricula with Green ratings by EdReports validation from other respected entities embedded supports for English Learners and Students with Disabilities culturally relevant pedagogy and effective professional learning.
Open Up Resources is leading a transformation in the instructional materials market by becoming an anti-racist organization and infusing every program partnership and practice with this intentionality so that our curriculum can catalyze anti-racist norms structures practices and policies in education and society.
The PreK-5 Mathematics Writer will play an integral role in the development of the Open Up Resources’ PreK-5 Math Program. This position reports directly to the PreK-5 Mathematics Editor. The Writer will be responsible for collaborating with the team to revise curricular materials and related components.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Applications for Google Drive
- Demonstrated understanding of the Progressions Documents for the Common Core State Standards
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with peers
- Demonstrated expertise of the Common Core Mathematics Standards.
- Impeccable attention to detail with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Completing work in a timely manner to meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Ability to foster a positive remote team environment
- Revise content for accuracy consistency style clarity and grade-level appropriateness
- Maintain accurate records
- Communicate task progress to editors and specialist
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience developing rigorous and engaging lessons
- Experience teaching in a classroom environment with students from historically excluded groups
- Availability during regular work week with some night or weekend work as needed
- Ability to write math lessons aligned to standards
- Understanding of current mathematics pedagogical practices
Ethics and Integrity: Behave in a fair and ethical manner toward peers partners and customers; instill mutual trust and confidence; acts with honesty and integrity.
Planning/Organizing/Goal Setting: Demonstrates the ability to organize people and tasks; develops realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability; defines realistic specific goals and objectives; prioritizes objectives.
Teamwork and Collaboration: Works with colleagues to build morale and team commitment to strategic initiatives.
Diversity: Understands that each individual is unique and celebrates individual differences including race/ethnicity gender sexual orientation age mental or physical disability marital status veteran status education training position level of authority seniority full-time or part-time status.
Collaboration: Cultivates a positive partner and customer service relationship and fosters two-way communication; delivers products that exceeds or meets customer expectations.
Continuous Improvement: Continuously seeks opportunities for innovative approaches to address organizational opportunities.
Solution Oriented: Able to take action in solving problems using reason and a systematic approach.
- At Open Up Resources we believe in building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all applicants are considered for employment without attention to color religion sexual orientation gender identity national origin veteran or disability status.
- We are seeking candidates who have lived experience related to social justice diversity equity and inclusion.
- We are a virtual organization with headquarters in the California Bay Area.
- This is a non-benefited annual contracted position with an hourly range of $50-$75/hr based on experience. Full-time and part-time contracts considered.