Job Responsibilities : Case Manager
Salary : $57000 Per Year
Company : Manitoba Public Insurance
Location : Winnipeg, MB CA
As the Case Manager you will manage more complex off-work injury claims while acquiring the skills and abilities required to manage increasingly complex rehabilitation and return-to-work plans. In the role you will investigate and evaluate claims situations develop comprehensive rehabilitation plans promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes proactively manage claims and develop an understanding of recovery guidelines and overall ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Maintain contact with claimants meeting them at their home in the hospital or at their workplace.
- Assess claimants’ situations and conduct cost-benefit analysis to develop plans that balance the claimant’s and organizational needs.
- Facilitate workplace assessments and accommodations.
- Gather and assess medical information to determine entitlements.
- Work collaboratively with Health Care Services and seek professional advice when necessary.
- Work collaboratively with claimant’s rehabilitation team seek support or assistance from more senior case managers and facilitate medical consultations as required.
- Develop knowledge of community resources and expertise in building relationships with community partners.
- Degree in Psychology Social Work Medical Rehabilitation (Kinesiology or Athletic Occupational or Physical Therapy) or a related discipline.
- Degree in Business Arts or related discipline.
- Certificate in Rehabilitation Case Management Rehabilitation Benefit Administration Disability Management Practitioner or related case management discipline.
- Three years of case management experience including one year experience in customer service in insurance.
As well as:
- Ability to identify analyze research recommend and implement effective solutions to a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to clearly convey complex information in a concise and straightforward manner.
- Ability to work with a high levels of initiative.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba.
- Candidates must have access to a personal vehicle.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s licence.