Job Responsibilities : Help Desk Technician
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : Mammoth Tech
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical information in understandable language to non-technical staff members.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with minimal notice
- Available to work regular overtime
- Proficiency with Windows Operating system and Thin Client environments
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented to keep detailed notes on tickets
- Highly organized to keep Help desk tickets order
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- Extremely motivated self-starter
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work as a Team member
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience working in a help desk environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This position will be located in one of our offices and can be remote until the office reopens
- This position will be required to work 5PM – 1 AM EST and possibly a rotating on call schedule.