Job Responsibilities : Live Event Media Replay Operator I
Salary : $40000 per year
Company : Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Replay Operator I within REMI Operations works on various media platforms including replay telestration and all-in-one production systems during live event productions. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for a wide variety of sports and events relying on non-traditional production approaches. The Replay Operator I is responsible for creating organizing recording editing and playing back server-based media before during and after productions in conjunction with the Show Director and Content Production’s requests. They will be expected to follow all relevant sports leagues and key players as well as understand and identify rules infractions and basic strategy of each sport. They are expected to understand complex technical workflows within a fixed facility and interconnectivity with remote equipment and sites.
Responsibilities/Duties of the Role
- Prepares and operates in the Replay Role during Live Events as a Replay Only position or as a Packager. Ability to follow the storylines of a game production and create content with minimal direction to support production needs.
- Basic understanding of all professional and collegiate sports including year-round storylines key players and games strategy and rules. Ability to recognize and identify key moments replay quickly on-air and create content with minimal direction.
- Participates in the development of fellow operations staff through training and workshops. Participation in training programs (physical classroom virtual etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation
- Contributes to administrative work on various platforms (O365 Smartsheet etc)
- Basic ability to troubleshoot technical broadcast equipment solve workflow issues and effectively communicate the issue and resolution needed.
- Collaboration across the enterprise to plan the needs of the Event Operations team for specific productions.
- Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience at the small to medium broadcast market digital/streaming platform and/or comparable collegiate broadcast level.
- “On-air” live replay experience using industry standing equipment
- Scheduling flexibility including the ability to work nights weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines work independently and support simultaneous projects.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong interpersonal communication organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a dynamic team.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong computer knowledge
- Experience in a live control room or remote event environment working live sports or non-scripted live programming.
- Understanding of the terminology workflows and equipment associated with live event productions. Including but not limited to replay servers telestration systems all-in-one production units and video router infrastructure. Vendors include but is not limited to EVS LSM EVS VIA Evertz Dreamcatcher GV LiveTouch SimplyLive ViBox Vizrt products including Viz Libero.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Broadcast Production equipment workflows and technology including remote and facility-based productions.
- Basic understanding of computer network architecture
- Strong understanding of business productivity and collaboration platforms. (slack O365 Smartsheet Confluence or similar platforms)
- Ability to interpret and understand complex information while disseminating it to proper personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Basic understanding of all professional and collegiate sports including year-round storylines key players and games strategy and rules. Ability to recognize and identify key moments and replay quickly on-air to create content with minimal direction.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to our partners
- Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
- High School Vocational School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Video Production Studio Production Journalism or related field