Job Responsibilities : Librarian – CTU Online
Salary : $50,000 – $60,000 a year
Company : Perdoceo Education Corporation
Location : Remote US
This position is responsible for providing library reference services to students and faculty in a fully online fast-paced environment.
- Direct students and faculty to relevant online databases and web resources.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by students and faculty.
- Facilitate the development of information literacy skills through reference instruction and the creation of library research tools.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of library resources in supporting the curriculum.
- Communicate with students and faculty through email instant messaging and phone about the curriculum their research needs and information resources.
- Maintain records and statistics related to the online library resources and services.
- Facilitate library instruction to students faculty and staff through online meeting software.
- Create bibliographies user guides video tutorials and other library research tools.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings weekends and holidays to accommodate student and department needs. This may include working more than 40 hours per week
- Commitment to public service.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to accomplish the assigned duties.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to ensure student success.
- Skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with all constituents internal and external.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong technology skills needed to provide innovative web-based library services and resources. Experience with instant messaging reference and screencasting preferred.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Previous experience in an academic special or public library.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay for this role ranges from $50000 to $60000 annually
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition assistance