Job Responsibilities : Remote Customer Service Representative
Salary : $37,900 – $43,500 a year
Company : Liberty Mutual Insurance
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Associate Customer Service Representative provides timely accurate and responsive information and service to our policyholders and agents for Personal lines products plans and programs. May independently solve problems of limited scope and complexity. Identifies analyzes and owns customer policy needs to ensure high customer satisfaction growth and retention of business.
Paid Training: Mandatory attendance is critical to your success and as such is required for the duration of training and performance will be continually assessed throughout. The paid training is Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00 am -7:30pm EST (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks.
After training and onboarding is completed go-forward shifts will be between the hours of 1:30pm-10pm EST. One weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) will be required with an alternate day off mid-week. Shifts may be subject to change in the future based on business needs to a shift of 11:30am – 8pm EST.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding promptly to all inbound customer calls regarding personal lines policies limited by geographic area and line.
- Listens to customers’ requests and inquiries.
- Works to retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening policy review of customer issues and escalation to the appropriate team if necessary.
- Builds rapport with each customer.
- Processes policyholder transactions accurately and within Customer Response Center established time standards.
- Interprets policy contracts to insured based on knowledge of Personal Insurance auto products.
- Identifies understands and interprets customer needs to implement resolutions and makes recommendations for coverage enhancements.
- For features or products outside of auto escalates the policyholder to the appropriate team.
- Understands aspects of billing systems as it pertains to policy coverage.
- Identifies and communicates transactions and impact to policy premium.
- Evaluates and makes decisions regarding exceptions to payment plan and fees.
- Makes alternate payment arrangements with customers and interacts with billing system to reflect arrangements.
- Places policy in follow-up and ensures adherence to arrangements specified.
- Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure department meets required service levels for improved customer satisfaction results.
- Utilizes on-line reference materials to provide confident accurate and efficient information.
- Develops and maintains product procedural and technical systems knowledge.
- Completes licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Utilizes technical systems effectively and efficiently including desktop call center specific phone systems and the internet.
- Supports and participates in office or department programs and contests.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a business related field or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to review record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no prescribed format is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Personal Lines producer insurance licenses required upon hiring and training.
High School Diploma/GED