Job Responsibilities : Senior Financial Analyst
Salary : $74,000 – $93,000 a year
Company : Liberty Mutual Insurance
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Liberty Mutual Surety a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance is the worlds largest globally Surety including in the United States. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms manufacturers and suppliers and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions ease of doing business and consistent responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries.
- Understands how data flows through the financial systems to the accounting function in order to identify issues and take action to address them. Maintain and monitor business operation standards and procedures consistent with home office policy and procedures. Assists in the development of methods and tools to track and measure results.
- Performs functions of the monthly quarterly and annual book close cycles monitoring timely completion and escalating issues for resolution. Accurately and efficiently performs accounting activities of increasing complexity.
- Performs functions of the reinsurance accounting of cash receipts for various international trading partners identifying variances monitoring timely completion and escalating issues for resolution.
- Performs systems tasks involved with monthly book close cycle including but not limited to entering IT tickets to start certain processes and running system processes that show variances. Assist team with research in helping to resolve variances.
- Creates complex management reports financial statement schedules and associated analyses that explain financial results or changes to the forecast or plan investigating discrepancies and trends to identify business drivers of results.
- Oversees financial systems coordinating enhancements and assisting in resolving production problems. Coordinate test plans and tests and approves new system behaviors to ensure alignment with business objectives and test plans.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with others in implementing them. Leads or actively participates in increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Fosters the development of teammates by sharing expertise and experience through training or reviewing their work. May provide feedback on performance.
- Special projects as needed.
- Please note: this is a 100% remote position. Must be able to commute to the Plymouth Meeting PA office as needed.
- Bachelor`s degree (Finance or Accounting) is required. Minimum of 3 years of finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and others leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results and recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred. SAP experience is desirable.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion