Job Responsibilities : Legal Transcriptionist
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : Verbit
Location : Remote US
We are looking to add Legal Transcriptionists to the growing team at Verbit. This is an exciting full-time employee opportunity.
- Transcribe 120 minutes of audio per day
- Maintain deadlines set upon being assigned the job
- Coordinate availability with the scheduling department maintaining a minimum of 40 hours a week
- Exceed client expectations regarding quality checking all aspects of the job to ensure it is free of errors
- Produce and certify final copy for delivery
- Be available for other duties/projects that may arise during your normal business hours
- At least 3+ years experience as a legal transcriptionist
- AAERT Certification is preferred but not required
- Minimum touch-typing speed of 60 wpm with a high degree of accuracy
- Reliable power internet source and appropriate battery backup
- Must be available by Zoom phone email and Verbit’s internal instant message system during scheduled work hours
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning transcription translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2000 customers globally including leading universities corporations legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work
Our compensation for the Legal Transcriptionist role ranges between $16 – $17 per hour and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. In addition Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Life and AD&D Insurance Short Term and Long Term Disability Paid Time Off and 401k. This role shall be eligible for benefits following a 90-day waiting period.
Verbit is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances.