Job Responsibilities : Lead Call Center Agent
Salary : $21.00 – $21.50 an hour
Company : The Chicago Lighthouse
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
: Lead call center agents will be responsible for providing high quality customer service support to call center agents by responding to inquiries pertaining to Illinois roadways non-emergency support and general information pertaining to the Illinois Department of Transportation and Illinois Tollway Authority. Will handle escalated calls and inquiries utilizing all available resources.
Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released;
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IDOT and ITA regulations and policies as they apply;
Monitor and assist call center agents when prompted and carry out lead responsibilities in accordance with the organizationÂ’s policies and procedures.
Monitor service calls to observe employee demeanor technical accuracy and conformity to company policies;
Respond to telephone inquiries and recommend corrective services to address customer needs and complaints;
Key information into the computer to compile and keep records of customer service requests and complaints;
Studies and assist in standardizing procedures to improve efficiency for customers;
Manages difficult customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs while soliciting feedback to improve service;
Speaks clearly persuasively and professionally in positive and negative situations;
Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree a plus;
- Previous Lead or Supervisor experience preferred;
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and professionally;
- Must be able to work with a database and navigate through a windows environment required;
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule to include days nights weekends and holidays;
- Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times;
- Must be able to problem-solve and relay information;
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required;
- Will be required to complete program update training as warranted and successfully implement that knowledge in day-to-day operations;
- Commitment to our mission of providing opportunities for people who are visually impaired blind deaf-blind or blind with additional disabilities is essential.
BENEFIT PACKAGE UP TO AN ADDITIONAL 25% OF SALARY INCLUDING:
- 10 days paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays
- 6 sick days accrued over the year up to 16 days available to be accumulated
- Insurance Eligibility the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment
- Medical (65% covered by the Chicago Lighthouse) dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/long term disability
- Life insurance 2x salary
- Employee recognition events
- Company paid pension plan after one year of employment
- Reasonably priced delicious food options on site (except at Glenview location)
- Access to micro-kitchen