Job Responsibilities : Junior Bookkeeper
Salary : $18 Per Hour
Company : Modern Balance
Location : Remote US
Level: Mid-Level Location: Remote | Eastern Time Zone
Type: Employee Salary Range: $18-20/hr
Reports To: Manager & CEO
Are you an experienced bookkeeping professional who’d love a remote position that would allow you to achieve the optimal work/life balance you’ve always dreamed of? Would you enjoy using your bookkeeping expertise to help small businesses thrive all from the comfort of your own home office? Are you resourceful analytical and great at thinking outside the box? Then we have the perfect job for you!
As a Junior Bookkeeper you’ll be responsible for keeping the books current closing out the books preparing and reviewing financial statements solving any issues that may arise and communicating with clients vendors and other team members. You’ll provide general accounting services; ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and on time within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policy.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performing basic accounting proceduresGeneral ledger maintenance
Account reconciliations (bank credit cards loans payroll sales tax)
Month-end and year-end closing activities
Preparation and review of financial statements
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable support
Setting up and running payroll
Sales tax calculations and return filings
- Communication with clients via email phone and video conference calls
- Reviewing and updating the documentation of processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two (2) years of bookkeeping experience – remote public accounting experience preferred (i.e. CPA firms or other bookkeeping firms serving multiple client engagements)
- Top-notch problem-solving skills – This is the number one most important skill a bookkeeper must have! Bookkeeping really is more about figuring things out than the actual math.
- Attention to detail with an exceptional level of accuracy – We will only be giving interviews to applicants who answer the following question: “What superpower do you bring to the teams you’re on?” Please use the word “superpower” and put your answer in the “Additional Comments” section at the end of the application. This ensures that you read the entire job description and you value detail like us.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Keeper Dubsado ClickUp Gusto ADP Paychex Sales Tax
- Experience with the interior design industry is a major plus!!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and deadline pressures
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Ability to think and act proactively
- Must be techy with solid knowledge of computers and various software and apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to show confidence and professionalism
- Must have a quiet workspace or home office to work from and a strong internet connection
- Must be available for weekly team meetings training and co-working on weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm Eastern
- Must be located in the United States – Absolutely NO exceptions!
Modern Balance is a rapidly growing bookkeeping firm. We support our clients by providing them with accurate and timely financials; managing their receivables payables sales tax and payroll; collaborating with their tax professionals and educating them to ensure they understand the financial side of their business. We may all work remotely but you’ll definitely feel like part of the family at Modern Balance.
- Integrity – We are entrusted with highly sensitive information on a daily basis and we don’t take that lightly. Integrity is the foundation of everything we do.
- Flexibility – Gone are the days of 40-hour work weeks and guilt trips when you want to take time off! Need to take care of your sick kid today? No problem! Have a doctor’s appointment next Tuesday morning? No problem! Like to clock out every Friday at 2 pm? No problem!
- Accuracy & Speed – We strive to give our clients timely responses to their inquiries and accurate information to allow them to grow their business.
- Resourcefulness – We are a kickass team of problem-solvers who know how to research where to find answers and how to make sh*t happen!
- Fun – We don’t like boring! Humor and fun make each day a little brighter. We work hard and have fun doing it!
Compensation & Benefits:
- The pay for this position is between $18 and $20 per hour depending on experience.
- This a part-time position offering 20 to 25 hours per week with potential for growth.
- Flexible work schedule – You will be expected to work primarily between 9 am and 5 pm Eastern but the schedule is flexible offering you time for your and your family’s needs.
- Paid Time-Off Policy
- Computer and IT services provided and managed by the company (after a 90-day introductory period)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote