Job Responsibilities : Community Manager – Windsor Core
Salary : $55000 Per Year
Company : Royal Bank of Canada
Location : Remote CA
Come Work with Us!
At RBC our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities developing new technology or providing expert advice to internal partners you will be doing work that matters in the world in an environment built on teamwork service responsibility diversity and integrity.
Community Manager – Windsor Core
What will you do?
- Lead direct reports and collaborate with dedicated RBC partners to capture market opportunities and deliver strong business performance
- Manage one branch directly and other branches in the community indirectly and build leadership capabilities of direct reports
- Strategize and execute a community plan leveraging all roles and channels in community
- Drive acquisition and growth activities within the community inside and outside the branch to acquire clients and increase market share in a more complex environment (i.e. intense competition diverse client segments)
- Deliver an exceptional client experience where advice and digital capability is the compelling value proposition
- Be a connector and leader within RBC and the community
- Attract and accelerate development of talent in collaboration with RBC partners
- Understand and manage strategic reputational operational credit and regulatory compliance risk
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years Sales Leadership experience and minimum 10 years Financial Services experience. Exposure to two or more lines of businesses preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize for impact deliver outstanding results through collaboration and effectively impact and influence partners
- Previous success in capitalizing on emerging trends and proactively defending against competition
- Proven experience in leading a diverse workforce including sourcing developing and promoting talent; as well as ability to manage remotely
- Demonstrated agility in Leadership experience in community involvement (i.e. directorship committees)
- Completion of an acceptable mutual fund branch management exam offered by the CSI or ability to write an exam within 4 months of start date
- Public speaking experience or media training
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other reaching our potential making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- This role offers the unique opportunity to continue to build your leadership capability and lead dynamic and diverse team in making a difference in a community and being a leader in the local financial services sector
- Full-time RBC employee status with unlimited earning potential and full benefits
- Work with a dynamic collaborative progressive and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
As a senior community leader you are responsible for overall performance of 4 to 6 RBC branches of varying sizes and complexity within the community. Your priority is to lead your branches and work very closely with RBC partners to deliver exceptional client experience acquire clients grow market share strengthen community brand presence and acquire sustainable growth. You accomplish this through execution of an integrated community plan involving all branches and RBC partners. You are also a key influencer in the community building RBC presence expanding network and sourcing key business opportunities. Your passion in creating success for our clients employees and communities is the cornerstone of your success in this opportunity.
WINDSOR Ontario Canada
Personal and Commercial Banking
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.