Job Responsibilities : Head, Politics, Press & Public Affairs Team, Atlanta
Salary : $66,277 a year
Company : Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Location : Remote
Roles and responsibilities:
- Nurture a strong network of senior political economic and media contacts across the Southeast and identify opportunities for political economic and cultural collaboration between the UK and US.
- Closely follow political and economic developments across the Southeast and provide high quality analysis to the Embassy in Washington and Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office in London.
- Lead on political engagement with the UK Government Office in Raleigh assuming some of the Office’s responsibilities when required.
- Lead visits of Her Majesty’s Government Ministers and officials through programme planning briefing and advance logistical support. Through collaboration with Consulate and network colleagues ensure that programmes advance whole of consulate objectives.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of the political and economic make-up and trends in the South-eastern USA.
- Strong research oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders;
- Fully versed in Microsoft Office version 7.0 Apple software Photoshop and social media applications (e.g. Twitter Facebook Instagram LinkedIn).
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a managerial capacity.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline and with limited supervision delivering also through others;
- Attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread;
- Positive and flexible attitude including willingness to travel frequently.