Job Responsibilities : Indian Education Tutor
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : Western Heights Public School
Location : Oklahoma City, OK 73179 US
Working toward a degree and/or related field
Work experience in a school setting with secondary students
Have experience working with at risk children grades 7th – 12th; preferably in a school setting
Must possess organizational communication and problem solving skills
Must pass a school background check
Teaching credential or working towards credential
Ability to demonstration skills in development of academic activities
Srong administrative organizational skills
High level of communication skills both written and oral
Strong initiative and ability to solve problems
Experience working in an ethnically diverse community
- Tutoring students in a one-on-one and/or small group setting.
- Prepare lesson plans to focus on specific academic areas designated by teacher and curriculum maps.
- Assist with integrating core curriculum concepts into tutoring components.
- Manage groups of students to make efficient use of time.
- Consult with Indian Education Tutoring Coordinator on academic assistance components.
- Communicate regularly with school teachers and program staff.
- Ensure students’ safety and school accountability.
- Keep accurate records and collect data on students according to grant requirements.
- Attend training with Tutoring Coordinator.
- Meet with program staff three times per semester.
- Other duties as assigned by superintendent or supervisor.