Job Responsibilities : Intake Technician 12 Month Roster
Salary : $35,265 – $50,224 a year
Company : US Internal Revenue Service
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Manage incoming telephone call traffic and customer inquiries with internal taxpayer congressional and stakeholder contacts.
- Confer with customers experiencing a hardship; clarify any issues and present possible courses of action.
- Review and establish initial controls and distribute all incoming casework within guidelines and timeframes.
- Review and process routine Congressional White House and other priority inquiries.
- Interpret relevant data including master file records and tax account history.
- Ensure that possible systemic errors and improper tax treatment is brought to the attention of the appropriate areas.
- Protect taxpayer confidentiality information as outlined in IRC §6103 and 7803(c)(4)(a)(IV).
- Customer Service (Clerical/Technical)
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills