Job Responsibilities : Lead Product Designer, Consumer
Salary : $155000 per year
Company : Stitch Fix
Location : Remote US
We’re a team of bright kind individuals who are motivated by challenge and who care deeply about achieving great things. We know our individual strengths but believe we only win as a team. We’re transforming the way people find what they love – and we need your big ideas. We just might be the perfect fit.
Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a stylist to deliver a personalized shopping experience resulting in a successful growing business serving millions of men women and kids. We believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best most authentic self.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Lead Product Designer on the Consumer team you will enable us to up-level our ability to create a differentiated shopping experience for our customers. You’ll be an integral part of driving the evolution of our customer experience as the business continues to transform the way customers find what they love that leverages the unique talents of all the teams involved.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our Product Design team has designed unique innovative software for customers merchandising styling and warehouse and inventory management. We leverage user research and customer data to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to customers and a successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for top-notch designers to contribute to our evolution.
The Consumer team is responsible for designing experiences that enable Stitch Fix customers and visitors to shop from a personalized experience. We work closely with the Product Engineering Algorithm and Product Marketing teams to create compelling experiences that help our customers get more value from Stitch Fix.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Work on complex problems and systems that are critical to driving business success while partnering with cross-functional leaders to drive strategy and roadmaps for complex areas of our customer experience.
- Create compelling stories set a world class consumer experience design and deliver end-to-end user experiences across a variety of interface and interaction types.
- Develop your point of view and identify opportunities to innovate and evolve the shopping experience for customers; act as the voice of the customer.
- Work closely with our algorithms team to incorporate data insights into designs as well as to deliver data-rich content to users in simple ways.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and design workshops to establish a strong inclusive design culture.
- Contribute your voice to the Product Design team and culture through feedback thought partnership mentoring and pairing with other designers.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- Have 5+ years experience as a product designer for consumer-grade software across various digital channels specializing in native mobile apps and localization of the service.
- Use your excellent visual and interactive design skills to take complex systems and distill them down to simple user flows and clear visual hierarchy.
- Have experience visualizing owning and executing the creation of a product from initial concepts and wireframes to collaborating with engineers on implementation in an agile environment.
- Start with users and champion user needs or insights in your process.
- Demonstrate integrity humility and flexibility in cross-functional discussions that serve to align on smart product decisions.
- Tell concise stories about your work and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Connect your work to company strategy and organizational goals; you know what success looks like.
- Leverage research data design principles or other objective information to support and communicate design decisions.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE…
- Supplementary skills like service design copywriting or front-end development.
- Received your professional education or training in human-computer interaction interaction design visual communication design or a related field.
- Experience building and testing prototypes with live data to quickly learn and iterate on designs.
EXPERIENCE COMES IN MANY FORMS. EVEN IF YOU DON’T MEET 100% OF THE QUALIFICATIONS ABOVE WE VALUE UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES AND STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY.
You must submit a portfolio to be considered for this role (please include the password if needed)
ABOUT STITCH FIX
We’re committed to our clients and connected through our purpose of “Changing the way you get dressed so you can show up to the world as your most confident self.” We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE…
- We are a group of people who are bright kind and motivated by challenge. We explore ideas with curiosity empathy and a growth-mindset.
- We seek out and value a diverse range of perspectives and create an inclusive place for our team members and partners to be their authentic selves. We elevate the voices of those who have been historically unheard and consider how our decisions impact the most marginalized groups.
- We invest in creating positive change in the fashion industry through various equity and sustainability initiatives.
- We support our teammates as we work toward our shared goals. We embrace vulnerability and are committed to building trusting strong relationships.
- We take time to celebrate achievements and recognize contributions. We bring levity and fun even when battling the toughest challenges.
- We have a smart experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We are a distributed organization with a mix of people working in our San Francisco HQ and remotely across the US. We use detailed hybrid work toolkits to support the creation of equitable development opportunities and daily work experiences for everyone regardless of location.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health & wellness benefits including an unlimited vacation policy 16 weeks parental leave mental health resources 401k plan with employer matching and a discount on Stitch Fix purchases.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers regulators and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.