Job Responsibilities : Admissions Advisor-Chicago
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : DeVry University
Location : Remote
Educational requirements : Graduate
- The role of the admissions advisor is to reach out to individuals via phone or through video conferencing take incoming calls and place outbound calls to prospective students
- Admissions advisors interview prospective students to determine their motivation for attending college; understand their career goals and the obstacles that might prevent them from starting or continuing their education; help them to overcome those obstacles; and ultimately help them identify the degree-program that best matches their needs.
- During the interview advisors present information about the benefits of education and DeVry University tailoring their message to the student’s needs motivation and career goals.
- Once prospective students decide to enroll advisors guide them through the admissions process responding to questions linking them to financial aid and academic advisors gathering the documents necessary to start school and ensuring students complete admissions testing.
- By networking and building relationships with their students admissions advisors identify and contact other prospective students.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Able to sit and work at a desk and on the computer for extended periods of time
- Possess the skills needed to craft well-written compelling messages to our students and fellow colleagues
- Have the desire to work with a team and toward the team’s goals while also working independently and being internally motivated