Job Responsibilities : Continuous Improvement Manager
Salary : 90000 per Year
Company : Batesville
Location : Vicksburg, MS 39180 US
Batesville is looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team in Vicksburg Mississippi. As a Continuous Improvement Manager you will be responsible for partnering with the HOM Lead and the facility or functional leader to develop and execute a Kaizen roadmap. You will lead the overall HOM Lean efforts in improving processes and procedures for the specified site or functional areas. Training and coaching managers and associates will also be a key part of this role.
What Batesville Offers You:
- 9% Annual Bonus eligibility
- Comprehensive medical dental and vision insurance which includes MD Live RX help center Medical Advocate Program short term disability among others.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- 4 weeks’ vacation 11 paid holidays 6 paid sick days
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Batesville is a family: This is not just a job. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company committed to our customers and excited about our future.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Operating Company/Platform HOM Lead and the facility or functional leader to develop and execute a Kaizen roadmap and identify key metrics (KPI’s and TTI’s)
- Lead the site/function’s Lean transformation with a focus on improvements to safety quality cost and delivery
- Schedule lead and facilitate Kaizen Events and other CI projects aligned with the Kaizen roadmap and Strategy Deployment
- Train and coach managers and employees in the daily use and implementation of Lean principles
- Ensure consistent application of HOM practices tools and templates (i.e.: Standard Work Job Instruction Daily Management Weakpoint Management Value Stream Mapping Kaizen Road mapping SMED TPM etc.)
- Audit monitor and sustain the health of the HOM Lean culture by utilizing a scoring system gap analysis and countermeasures
- Track the status of all HOM Lean activities cost savings training certifications and events
- Assist organization-wide kaizen efforts as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
Travel Requirements: Employee must be able to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Engineering Business Management or a comparable field
- Lean experience and/or training
- Minimum of five (5) years of related Lean experience and/or training
- Demonstrated Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Operational Excellence Principles 5S CI SMED Root Cause Analysis 5 Why Standard Work 3P Poke Yoke etc.
- Demonstrated ability to teach mentor and coach
- Strong leadership and change agent skills
- Excellent team facilitation skills
- Six Sigma experience or certification
- Lean Certification
- CQE Certification
To perform this job successfully the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit stand walk use hands to handle and feel reach with hands and arms talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
A cornerstone in the death care industry Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality service and innovation. For more than 100 years Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million Batesville is a leader providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products memorialization offerings profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville our associates are our strongest asset and we strive to attract hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University there are opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professionals’ role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard but when it’s time to play we get creative – and competitive. Whether it is a kickball tournament or football toss our Tree is Me team provides engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
- These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
Batesville is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (www.Hillenbrand.com) is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand’s portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Coperion Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion and Mold-Masters in addition to Batesville a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America. Hillenbrand is publicly traded on the NYSE under HI.
At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.