Job Responsibilities : Senior International Consulting Analyst
Salary : 36000 per Year
Company : Mercer
Location : Hybrid remote US
At Mercer we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health wealth and careers. We are in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we are designing affordable health plans assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer Health & Benefits is seeking candidates for a Senior International Consulting Analyst position. This opportunity is open to the US and can be full time remote hybrid or fully in person.
What can you expect?
- As a Senior International Consulting Analyst you will have the opportunity to work with the best tools resources and some of the smartest people in the industry around the world
- You will be part of a company committed to enhancing the health wealth and careers of the clients we serve and their employees — and will work for a company equally invested in the development of our own people
- You can rest assured a high value is placed on diversity and we work to foster understanding inclusion and innovation in the workplace
- You will be doing meaningful challenging work and can look forward to a career with many opportunities to learn grow and advance
What is in it for you?
At Mercer we are as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential we offer a culture benefits program and resources that support your wellbeing and career development as well as:
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people
- A culture of belonging innovation collaboration internal mobility and extraordinary career opportunities through our four businesses: Marsh Mercer Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman each consistently ranked the industry leader in their fields
- Competitive pay full benefits package – starting day one (medical dental vision STD/LTD life insurance generous 401k match AND automatic contribution)
- Generous paid time off for vacation sick company holidays and time to give back to your community; flexible work culture
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Opportunities to participate in our mentor programs and network with other colleagues in our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) – Mercer Cares (community involvement) PRIDE Women@Mercer Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
We will count on you to:
- Assist the consulting team in gathering organizing entering and analyzing data using Excel spreadsheets to be used for various client projects – involves increased focus on analysis of results and managing portions of projects; review the work of lower level analysts
- Coordinate the activity of consultants around the world and prepare the first draft of specific deliverables including the global tracking report
- Draft client communications and responses to client inquiries for review by more senior International Consultants
- Demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables; help to develop budget and billing reports; participate in calls and meetings as needed; assist with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise communications; escalate more complex issues to senior consultants as needed
What you need to have:
- 0-2 years of project management experience
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Ability to exercise independent and critical thinking
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; must be a self-starter proactive responsive detailed collaborative and resourceful
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and facilitate through ambiguity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills coupled with strong written and verbal communications; must handle sensitive information with professionalism and integrity
- Proficient with MS Office – Word Excel and PowerPoint
What makes you stand out:
- Having completed any Society of Actuarial (SOA) exams
- US GAAP pension accounting experience
- Prior experience working in a consulting or related firm
The National US average range for this role is $55200 to $85000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience skills training location certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range; however such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits tuition assistance 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work reshaping retirement and investment outcomes and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk strategy and people with 76000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.