Job Responsibilities : Cohort Coach
Salary : $1 per hour
Company : Propel America
Location : Remote
Educational requirements : High School
- Coach fellows from their acceptance into Propel through their first six months on the job.
- Build core competencies assist fellows in earning their credential and prepare them for the workplace.
- Identify investigate and leverage local resources to address fellows’ needs through community organizations and experts.
- Problem-solve with fellows to identify appropriate resources and supports to address challenges and ensure completion of training and successful job placement.
- Provide proactive and reactive support to ensure fellows feel holistically supported as they work toward their career goals.
- Collaborate with training partner instructors and/or administrators during training to trouble-shoot challenges and share feedback to best support fellows in progressing.
- Collaborate with hiring managers during the hiring process to support fellows to successfully obtain the job in their career field.
- Build community virtually (and in person where possible) among fellows to build networks.
- Support students in completing all necessary enrollment internship and hiring requirements.
- Engage in training on the Propel program technology and curriculum through review of program materials providing feedback and participating in cycles of reflection to continuously improve our program.
- Develop partnerships with community members to help enrich our curriculum program experiences and opportunities for fellows.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including training program partners and hiring managers to solve problems provide feedback to best support fellows and ensure fellows complete training and get hired into their chosen career field.
- Become familiar with the career pathways offered by Propel and specific needs in those pathways in order to support fellows with enrollment interviews and successful job placement.
- Communicate with Propel staff regarding Fellow progress through regular check-ins.
- Professional experience as a counselor coach teacher trainer or other relevant experience.
- Experience with or passion for supporting young people across diverse backgrounds to succeed in college and careers.
- Ability to work flexible hours (e.g. nights and weekends) as necessary