Job Responsibilities : Data Scientist – Remote
Salary : $102000 per year
Company : Ford Motor Company
Location : Remote US
Job Description & Qualifications
Creating smart mobility of the future requires intelligent use of data metrics and analytics. By joining the Global Data Insight & Analytics team you will become part of the trusted advisors that enable Ford to see business conditions customer needs and the competitive landscape. GDI&A’s insights provide key decision makers the information to act in meaningful positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based timely decision making!
What you’ll be able to do:
As part of the Customer Analytics Next Best Action team you will support business customers including Marketing & Sales FMCC CX and others. Projects may include predicting customer behavior and preferences customer segmentation and profiling optimizing incentives and experiences and more!
- Use analytical statistical and programming skills to collect analyze and interpret large data sets.
- Develop predictive models of customer behavior using appropriate modeling techniques.
- Collaborate with Data Factory & Product Engineering teams to ensure access to and knowledge of most appropriate necessary data sources.
- Implement both descriptive and inferential analyses.
- Effectively communicate and present technical material to a broad audience.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics Statistics Data Science Computer Science Computer Engineering or closely related field of study or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with programming for data analysis using ideally Python SQL or R
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Mathematics Statistics Data Science Computer Science Computer Engineering or a closely related field of study
- 5+ years of experience with programming for data analysis; ideally Python SQL or R.
- Background in Google Cloud Platform technology.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to break down and understand complex business problems define a solution and implement it using advanced quantitative methods.
- Solid oral and written communication skills especially around analytical concepts and methods.
- Great work ethic and curiosity a philomath!
- Ability to create engaging stories that convey analytic results and actionable insights.
- Experience in building visualizations (using Tableau/Qlik Sense/Excel/R/Python/tool of choice).
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic environment where problems are not always well defined.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO retirement savings and stock investment plans incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color age sex national origin sexual orientation gender identity disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID