Job Responsibilities : Outreach Coordinator
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : The Puyallup Tribe of Indians
Location : Remote
Educational requirements : High School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Director on all phases of the program and fill in as needed within their scope of work.
- Participates in prevention summits trainings meetings and conducts ongoing research of best and promising practice substance and alcohol abuse prevention curricula.
- With input from the Director of Community Family Services develop an annual substance and alcohol abuse outreach calendar to include outreach activities and collaborative events.
- Presents and engages the community with substance abuse prevention at Gathering of Nations events Canoe Journey Wellness Powwow and monthly recovery birthday meetings.
- Writes articles for the Tribal Newspaper on a bi-weekly basis regarding education prevention and stories of recovery.
- Educate the community about what services are provided by Community Family Services and how to access services.
- Assist the Director with research and planning of outreach resources. Work collaboratively and respectfully with Community Family Services staff Social Services staff Administration and support staff.
- Work collaboratively with Case Manager(s) from the Tribal programs to provide information about available treatment services and enhance service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter personal computer multi-line telephone calculator facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read write communicate and interpret information accurately in English.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision color vision and ability to adjust focus.