Job Responsibilities : Java Developer
Salary : $118000 per year
Company : Random Bit
Location : Remote US
We are looking for Java Developer wanting to make a leap to AWS Architect
Random Bit LLC is a limited liability corporation based in North Carolina and was established in 2012 to provide expert Information Technology (IT) consulting services to state governments. Since then we established ourselves as a specialty consultancy company that provides outstanding technical consulting services in enterprise architecture solution architecture information security cloud transformation and compliance framework solutions. Random Bit developed a consulting method including tools and teams that has proven successful in both the health and human services system modernization space as well as in the private sector.
We engage our staff and clients to promote a culture of excellence integrity and responsibility in execution of our duties while encouraging creative problem solving and the expression of ideas in a mutually respectful manner.
We are currently guiding several large customers through complex change initiatives that involve redesigning legacy on-prem custom business applications to the AWS cloud using cloud-native technologies.
If you are an experienced Java Developer that is looking to make a transition into the cloud we are looking for you!
The Java Developer will work with stakeholders to design develop and implement web-based applications middleware and robust scalable data integration applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design develop and unit test Java applications and middleware
- Develop robust scalable data integrations
- Develop applications using SOLID design principles
- Understand design patterns object construction and application architecture strategies
- Design develop and unit testing web-based applications and middleware
- Develop SOAP and REST based services
- Develop error handling framework to handle different business and system exceptions
- Work alongside appropriate staff teams stakeholders and other points of contact as required to understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems
- Contribute with all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have some combination of these skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or related discipline
- 2+ years Integration experience
- 3+ years JAVA/ J2EE Java Script
- Collaboration/project management software such as JIRA Confluence SharePoint etc.
- Experience in designing and developing enterprise Java and J2EE applications including Servlets EJB JMS JSON JDBC and XML API.
- Hands-on experience with the entire software development lifecycle (requirements design implementation integration testing)
- Prior experience in working with the Atlassian Suite of products
- Prior Health Information Technology and/or Program experience
- Prior experience with Medicaid Social Services or similar public benefit programs
- 1+ year experience on NOSQL database
- 1+ year experience with Graph database solutions
- Splunk experience for log information and analysis or similar
- Experience with multi-vendor environments
- Knowledge of HIPAA X12 transactions (834 837 835 820)
- Cloud service provider experience in GCP AWS and/or Azure
Type and Location:
- Full-time W2 with competitive salary and benefits
- Position can be remote
- All work is expected to be done during office hours in the Eastern time zone