Job Responsibilities : iOS Staff Engineer, Core Experience (Discovery & Distribution)
Salary : $170000 per year
Company : Spotify
Location : Remote US
What you’ll do
- Be a leader of the Spotify engineering community driving and influencing our architecture across the company.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s) by defining and teaching them.
- Acquire broad knowledge about our topology in particular our numerous platforms and partner integrations to be able to effectively represent them in conversations internally and externally.
- Work hands-on in a team solving technical problems to deliver great value to users.
- Work efficiently with legacy code and suggest incremental improvements.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or the go-to person for solving problems in your field.
- Be a technical thought partner to department leadership and build trust with our strategic partners.
- Spread learning and knowledge across the organization and advocate and help implement sustainable engineering practices.
- Facilitate collaboration between teams departments engineers product managers designers and product insights specialists.
- Manage dependencies for complex projects in a fast-changing environment and bring clarity and focus.
Who you are
- Have proven experience of leading technical projects spanning multiple teams.
- Have strong mobile skills (iOS) with potential secondary discipline (preferably Backend or Android).
- Have several years of working experience in building user-friendly data-rich scalable applications.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and have the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- A strong communicator and can easily explain a complex technical architecture to different audiences.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Have a detailed understanding of software development at scale constraints and challenges and apply them to systems and software development.
- Show a deep knowledge of how to write robust maintainable applications and a reasonable understanding of how to build and work with distributed high-volume backend servers.
- Experienced in identifying debugging and resolving complex production issues.
- Professional in mentoring engineering teams and encouraging best methodologies.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our global benefits
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.