Job Responsibilities : Internal Security Investigator
Salary : 141455 per Year
Company : GEICO
Location : Renton, WA 98057 Us
As a GEICO Special Investigations Unit investigator your role will be to fight fraud in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
1) Investigating potentially fraudulent activity – SIU investigators examine suspicious claims closely for evidence of fraud
2) Conducting interviews and effectively obtaining information in a positive efficient and professional manner
3) Communicating and cooperating with local state and federal law enforcement to pursue perpetrators of insurance fraud – SIU working closely with NICB frequently cooperates with the law enforcement community to help put fraud perpetrators out of business
4) Assistance with training claims associates to identify fraud – SIU educates GEICO’s adjusters and examiners to look for red flags or indicators that fraud might be occurring. To effectively fight fraud all of GEICO’s claims
need to be knowledgeable about the latest fraud schemes.
These activities help protect our company from expenses related to fraudulent claims. Keeping our costs low helps us pass on savings to our customers and keeps our company growing.
1) 3 years of related law enforcement experience and/or insurance industry investigative experience
2) Experience with fraud identification
3) Experience with investigating bodily injury Medical Payments UM/UIM and physical damage claims
4) Experience with providing a comprehensive formal and professional written report upon conclusion of an investigation
5) Experience with fraud prosecution packaging for submission to District Attorney’s and/or the Department of Insurance
6) Detailed knowledge of the applicable state laws impacting insurance fraud related investigations
7) Strong property and casualty lines experience
8) Understanding civil and criminal legal principles evidence admissibility in a civil or criminal proceeding and property/casualty insurance operations
9) Understands investigative techniques and the laws pertaining to insurance and mandated fraud reporting
The qualified candidate must possess superior computer skills and a strong investigative background with a minimum of one (1) year experience as an Auto Damage Adjuster Special Investigations Unit position or as a Liability Claims Examiner or above. The position requires the candidate to work flexible hours and days as needed/required to complete assigned tasks. Candidate must be able to handle difficult situations that may arise when dealing with customers on the phone. Candidate must have high speed access to the internet and GEICO systems as you will work from home. Candidate must be able to conduct interviews over the phone without distraction while working from home. Working a 4 by 10’s work schedule is available. Must attend SIU Training School starting 10/24/2022.
Important job details:
You will work from your residence and must be able to work independently in a timely fashion on your case assignments.