Job Responsibilities : Inbound Customer Service Agent – Consumer Relations (remote)
Salary : $16 per hour
Company : GE Appliances
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
USA Rapid City SD
USA Amarillo TX USA Jackson MS USA Louisville KY USA Memphis TN USA Nashville TN
Job Posting Title
Inbound Customer Service Agent – Consumer Relations (remote)
Opportunities available for candidates located in Rapid City SD Memphis TN Nashville TN Jackson MS Louisville KY and Amarillo TX.
As a subsidiary of GE Appliances Advanced Services Inc. (ASI) has been providing excellent customer service and resolving questions or concerns about GE Appliances for 30 years. During that time we have developed a culture of celebrating and rewarding our employees. We also offer exciting promotional opportunities and career paths. As a Consumer Advocate you can expect to work an 8-hour shift between the business hours of 7:00am to 6:00pm (Central) Monday through Friday. For your experience and knowledge we offer a base rate of $17.00 per hour as well as incentives based on your quality scores paid weekly. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical dental vision short-term and long-term disability life insurance GE Appliance discounts tuition reimbursement and paid time off.
What you will Do
After 8 weeks of training you will use Windows-based programs and other internal applications to:
- Follow up with customers using phone email or text to resolve appliance related concerns and close out the cases with appropriate actions taken
- Create an outstanding quality service experience for the GE Appliance consumer advocating with multiple internal departments on their behalf for reasonable and satisfactory resolution
- Own resolution of consumer concern including data management capturing all facts surrounding complaints including steps taken to resolve issues and respond to any letters of inquiry.
- Complete consumer review for satisfaction prior to case closure
- Meet all work schedule demands and obligations with compliance integrity and according to values processes and policies
- Research and review information needed to resolve inconsistencies in procedures.
- Gather information from various resources and surface concerns with suggested resolutions to Team Leader or Team Manager
- Interact and coordinate with all necessary stakeholders to successfully resolve consumer issues i.e. zones dispatchers technicians etc.
- Find creative solutions that are in the best interest of the consumers customers and GEA when negotiating and implementing concessions.
What you need to Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two+ years sales or customer service experience desired
- Passion for customer service and problem solving
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Effectively utilize time management ability to multi-task and use critical thinking
- Organized and thorough with effective time management skills
- Able to prioritize and plan to rapid satisfactory resolution.
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Flexible with ability to take direction from management yet work independent to achieve goals.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good typing ability and computer skills – comfort navigating multiple online applications.
- Good listening and questioning skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Excellent sense of ownership with proven follow-through skills.
- Exceptional negotiation & conflict resolution skills
- Able to diffuse difficult situations or irate customers resulting in satisfactory resolution.
- Proven attendance record showing dependability/accountability to work as scheduled
- Proven ability to accept constructive feedback and apply coaching
- Desire to work in a team environment to work towards common goals
- Ability to remain calm and patient while handling challenging customer concerns
Requirements for Remote Work Environment
- Dedicated work area that is quiet and spacious enough for ASI provided equipment (i.e. PC keyboard mouse monitors chords to hook it all up and the ethernet chord)
- Local internet provider (no Satellite or DSL internet connections allowed due to security issues)
- Wireless Router (capable of handling minimum internet speeds of 25mbps Download 10mbps Upload)
- Internet speeds must be as follows: Ping 50mbps or lower Download 25mbps or higher and Upload 10mbps or higher
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color religion national or ethnic origin sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression age disability protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.