Job Responsibilities : Application Project Manager
Salary : $115,000 a year
Company : Aspen Skiing Company
Location : Remote US
ASC operates four mountain resorts (Aspen Aspen Highlands Snowmass and Buttermilk) with summer and winter experiences; the Five Star Five Diamond Little Nell Hotel in Aspen; the contemporary Limelight Hotels in Aspen Snowmass and Ketchum; world-class events including the World Cup series and X Games; and a multi-store retail portfolio.
As an IT Application Project Manager you will be responsible for managing application-related projects for Aspen Skiing Company. Reporting to the Managing Director of Business Technology this role will work across IT and various lines of business to constantly deliver successful projects. This technology focused role will include system projects in support of all areas of Aspen Skiing Company that span from guest facing systems to back-office systems.
This role typically pays around $115000 actual pay will be dependent upon budget and experience. All of our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
This position is open to remote work in the following state: Colorado
- Responsible for project leadership facilitating completion and communication on all project deliverables including project charters phase driven schedules project timelines and milestones status reporting resource plans budgets requirements definition system design testing deployment training and communication.
- Proactively identify track and resolve issues risks and dependencies associated with projects managed and communicate risks and issues to the project team and senior leadership.
- Take a leadership role to improve project management processes.
- Create strong business relationships and continually identify technology opportunities that deliver value.
- Works with others to identify project inter-dependencies that may affect project success.
- Deliver value to business stakeholders through promoting adoption of projects and applications managing roadmaps according to stakeholder priorities and utilizing change management best practices.
- Flexible in project management methodologies that may include waterfall agile or mixed.
- Can facilitate daily stand-ups sprint planning backlog grooming task estimation demos and retrospectives as well as release management.
- May include quality assurance testing and/or end-user training as needed.
- Ability to manage/oversee a significant number of internal and contract resources across multiple projects.
- Project manage technology projects that span from back-office systems (HR Payroll Finance Accounting) to front line systems (Kiosks Point of Sale) dependent on relative priorities for Aspen Skiing Company.
- 5+ years application project management experience including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee multiple parallel projects and regular software releases.
- Experience working successfully with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- A self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to ask questions or perform research to develop understanding.
- A team player that motivates project teams drives to project success and influences cross-functional teams without direct reporting responsibility.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
- Extremely Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Word Excel PowerPoint.
- Extremely Proficient in Project Management tools such as SmartSheets Jira Confluence.
- Degree in Information Technology computer science business or related field required or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in the leisure travel tourism ski resort or hospitality industries – preferred.
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision given: This position indirectly will manage project teams comprised of internal team member independent contractors and various 3rd party vendors.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Managing Director of Business Applications. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to stand type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements.
No adverse or hazardous conditions.
Not required but preferred to be able to occasionally lift push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of March 11th 2022 Aspen Skiing Company ASPENX The Little Nell and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here