Job Responsibilities : Remote – Inbound Customer Service – Early Collections
Salary : $67400 per year
Company : MCAP
Location : Remote US
Remote – Inbound Customer Service – Early Collections
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP your professional expertise commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training) and exciting opportunities in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
As an energetic self-driven individual you will be responsible for curing 1 to 30-day delinquent loans through the collection and/or workout arrangements directly with clients. The work is driven by numerous reports with the predominant function being inbound / outbound telephone calls to customers.
Handle Inbound Calls and Initiate Outbound Calls to Complete Client Interviews to Resolve Mortgage Arrears
- Evaluate each account by reviewing the loan particulars mortgagor payment history original property value and credit bureaus to determine the appropriate action to eliminate the arrears for both MCAP owned and sub-serviced mortgages
- Initiate outbound calls to all applicable parties to solicit additional information via client interviews as to the current financial situation and the reason for default
- Negotiate an appropriate remedy to cure on a case-by-case basis for resolution of the mortgage arrears
- Maintain accurate and organized accounts and records including any workout arrangements with borrowers by updating memos by confirming arrangements to clients (written & verbal) posting payments and to ensure arrears are collected in a timely and efficient manner
- Decide when collection efforts have been exhausted and transfer the file to the Senior Default Administrator for initiation of legal action
Review System Generated Arrears Reports and Determine which Accounts Should Transfer to Loan Restructuring Unit or Legal Action Unit for Further Action
- Review accounts and determine if the file should transfer to loan restructuring unit or legal action unit to commence further action Identify loan type lender and investor and follow standard collection procedures established for either prime or sub-prime loans
- Prioritize workflow based on assessing the risk to the investor
Complete Reports for Team Leader and or Specific Investors
- Track incoming and outgoing files on a monthly basis for the manager to monitor workloads both individually and nationally and to provide statistical data for the business unit’s core objectives and measurements
- Track incoming and outgoing files on a monthly basis of specific investors/portfolios for the Team Leader
What You Bring To The Team
- You may have collections experience in a residential mortgage servicing industry
- You have experience with outlook MS word and excel
- You thrive on creating and fostering strong customer and team relationships
- You are agile and can work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- You love making decisions and solving client issues keeping in mind both the organization and the client
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada then we want to hear from you!
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP is Canada’s largest independent Mortgage Finance company with over $150 billion in assets under management providing mortgage solutions for residential and commercial properties. For over 35 years MCAP originates trades securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP originates residential mortgages exclusively through the mortgage broker channel as we believe that a professional mortgage broker is a consumer’s best option and MCAP actively promotes the services of mortgage brokers across the country. MCAP is also a leader in the Canadian residential construction lending market with over 25 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer construction and lender clients across Canada.
Position #: req1540
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Canada Wide; Canada Wide
Number Of Openings: 2
Internal Job Title: Collector I
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MCAP provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive accessible environment where all employees feel valued respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time