Job Responsibilities : Fellow Success Associate
Salary : $50,000 – $56,000 a year
Company : Pathrise
Location : Remote US
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship training and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately help them fulfill their hopes ambitions and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
Last year we raised our Series A and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. In 2022 we have already expanded from 6 to 14 industries launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings and much more.
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker instead of on behalf of employers recruiters or schools. If this sounds interesting to you we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
The Role We’re looking to hire a new member of our program team to own the fellow experience through providing excellent customer service and managing requests surveys and graduation. This role is perfect for you if you are passionate about Pathrise’s mission and thrive in support roles that combine customer service mindset with strong operational savvy. In this role you will be responsible for resolving issues collecting feedback and managing a large volume of tickets & calls efficiently to improve fellow experience and strengthen the Pathrise brand
- Managing our JIRA ticketing system to address requests from fellows alumni and mentors
- Meeting or exceeding customer support SLAs and maintaining high CSAT
- Owning all withdrawal requests coordinating with fellows and mentors to determine fair withdrawal fees that optimize financial return while maximizing customer satisfaction
- Overseeing the withdrawal fee payment collection process
- Evaluating and resolving requests from placed fellows for discounted payments
- Answering questions from fellows and alumni about the payment process
- Leading group graduation sessions with fellows when they are placed
- Coordinating administrative processes such as sending and tracking contract addendums for fellows (e.g. program breaks contract extensions etc.)
- Onboarding part-time industry mentors and serving as their primary point of contact for operational processes and questions
- Collecting feedback via surveys and calls from fellows alumni and mentors
- Streamlining processes to optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction
- 1-2 years of experience in customer support or another customer facing role preferably in EdTech
- Passion for the Pathrise mission and for creating a positive customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High conscientiousness and exceptional organizational skills with low error rate
- Strong de-escalation skills and intuition for driving alignment with customers
- Ability to work collaboratively autonomously and manage ambiguity
- Experience in a startup or similar work environment
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk or another help desk system (e.g. ZenDesk)
- JIRA admin background or willingness to learn is a big plus
- $50000 – 56000/year base (contingent on experience)
- ✈️Fully remote with company sponsored trips to yearly company events (Lake Tahoe in 2021 we’re headed to Denver in 2022!)
- ️Medical Dental & Vision benefits
- Twice-yearly Performance Bonuses
- Flexible Unlimited Time (FlexTime) Off Policy
- ❤️$200 annual Professional Development & Wellness Stipends
- 50% computer reimbursement and $300 reimbursement cap for WFH office equipment
We are a tight-knit community that champions for our staff to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone. Although we are remote we have many virtual and company sponsored in-person events. We also value diversity – our Program Ops team is growing and headed by female leadership and exemplifies what Pathrise stands for externally as well as internally. Read more about how we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment: What DE&I means to Pathrise ❤️
Although this is a salaried position and we have flexible hours that don’t require team members to adhere to Pacific Time with this being a customer facing role working daytime business hours appropriate for your time zone is required.
Our interview process
- Phone chat with a recruiter
- Written assignment on communication + customer service problem solving
– Final Round – mixture of behavioral + situational interviews
This role is remote within the US only and is not currently available to applicants located outside of the US. US work authorization is required.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race color religion or religious belief ethnic or national origin nationality sex gender gender-identity sexual orientation disability age military or veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable local state or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances and its internal policy Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.