Job Responsibilities : Human Resource Operations Analyst
Salary : $60000 per year
Company : The New School
Location : New York, NY 10011 US
The Human Resources office at The New School seeks a HR Operations Analyst in the function responsible for the overall management of MyDay HR HCM processes and data integrity for the University. The primary focus will be to manage the processing for all Part Time Faculty at the University to ensure that the provisions of the relevant Collective Bargaining Agreements are followed. The HR Operations Analyst will report directly to the Senior Director HR Ops and Reporting.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups as well as candidates who share this commitment.
- Partner with the HR Ops team to manage processing for the employee’s full life cycle in Workday; including hiring position management and time accruals
- Review daily discrepancy reports between course system of record and Workday in preparation for compensation/appointment letter integration for Part-Time Faculty employee group
- Conduct monthly audits of compensation/appointment letter integration between course system of record (Banner Oracle) and Workday for Part-Time Faculty employee group
- Ensure compliance with union contractual obligations pertaining to union compensation
- Review and process Part-Time Faculty supplementary payment data to ensure accuracy of monthly additional duty payments
- Review and process course cancellation fee in accordance with union contractual guidelines on a semester basis
- Audit monthly payroll data to ensure integrity of payments processed for Part-Time Faculty employee group
- Maintain google sheets which house Part-Time Faculty payment processes
- Liaise with stakeholders across different colleges & departments within the university to ensure payment data is processed and submitted in a timely manner
- Works closely with Benefits to process Paid Leave of Absences each Semester
- Provide various internal departmental and external stakeholders with reporting support
- Respond to inquiries within a timely manner and escalate inquiries as needed
- Maintain and update documentation surrounding internal audit and payment processes
- Actively participate in the ongoing redesign of HR Operations processes to improve accuracy efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide systems testing support including analyzing results for MyDay releases changes in functionality and system glitches.
- Process Foreign National new hire onboarding documentation into Windstar for tax purposes
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word Excel and Google Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and data management skills along with superior attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all members of the campus community
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to university COVID-19 policy and requirements
- Knowledge of Workday and/or other similar Human Resource related systems