Job Responsibilities : Homologation Planning Engineer: Remote Option
Salary : $112000 per year
Company : Ford Motor Company
Location : Remote US
This opportunity is in Ford’s Sustainability Environment and Safety Engineering. The Ford North America homologation planning engineer is tasked with planning and coordinating the actions vital to complete homologation processes for all export markets in which a vehicle line is sold. Working within our organization gives you the opportunity to learn or apply skills in regulatory compliance work multi-functionally with a variety of engineering teams and gain experience with Ford’s next model programs!
- Analyze product offerings for export markets and develop vehicle program specific homologation test plans.
- Ensure that robust homologation test strategies are in place to certify a diverse range of vehicle offerings.
- Develop initial estimates of vehicle and test property requirements to satisfy test plans.
- Negotiate worst-case test configuration agreements with government testing/approval authorities.
- Track and report homologation progress.
- Work with the manufacturing and assembly plant coordinators to implement Conformity of Production processes.
- Conduct test facility inspections and manufacturing plant quality audits
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Electrical Chemical Environmental Engineering or related engineering degree.
- 6+ months of experience planning and leading sophisticated programs/projects from initiation to completion (can include internships and coursework).
Our preferred requirements:
- 3 years of product development experience desired.
- Experience and knowledge of global regulatory requirements (FMVSS ECE GCC and China) is a plus.
- Experience in vehicle self-certification and vehicle type approval (witness testing) processes is desired.
- Continuous improvement approach.
- Able to work successfully under time pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Independent self- starter.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel Project etc.) and other tools for communication of program status.
- Experience using corporate IT tools including program definition systems engineering requirements systems SharePoint etc.
- Experience working with global teams.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO retirement savings and stock investment plans incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position TN holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color age sex national origin sexual orientation gender identity disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits please visit:
At Ford the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.