Job Responsibilities : Medical Records Clerk
Salary : $19 per hour
Company : The Villages Health
Location : The Villages, FL US
Educational requirements : High School
- A nonexempt position responsible for assembling patient information into patients’ medical charts/records in accurate and complete manner. Position responsibilities vary by size of medical practice and type of technology used such as electronic medical records versus manual files.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Properly and accurately receives labels and routes incoming patient documentation and information.
- Submits files/documentation to physicians and other clinicians as requested for review quality assurance checks and other purposes.
- Provides charts/documents requested for use in legal actions following patient consent/confidentiality protocols.
- Reconciles various interfaces including but not limited to hospital and Lake Medical Imaging.
- Address pending referrals based on corresponding information received.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma. Associate’s degree from a community/junior college preferred.
- Minimum two years of medical records clerk/health information technician experience preferably in medical practice setting.