Job Responsibilities : Graphic Designer
Salary : $20 Per Hour
Company : Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Location : Remote US
For over 100 years, the Walt Disney Company has been home to the world’s foremost creative and innovative storytellers. That continues into the future with the Disney Institute and National Geographic Live (NGL) Content Team. We are the storytellers and content crafters behind professional development and exploration for two of the most beloved brands on the planet – Disney and National Geographic. Our mission is to tell world-class, immersive stories in unforgettable ways. Every day, we create compelling, impactful creative content that inspires and impacts our participants around the world.
Disney Institute is searching for a Graphic Designer reporting to the Creative Production Director in Celebration, FL.
You will work with content development specialists and partners within the Content and Delivery team to provide graphic design services for the development of Keynote presentations and Participant Guides. You will lead the design efforts for all aspects of each projects by participating in meetings, conducting design reviews, and giving update during project work sessions. You will also produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios and/or design prototypes; layout of print/digital publications using Adobe InDesign or similar application; and coordinate with the operations team for printing needs and specifications.
Graphics and photo editing includes airbrushing, masking, or image retouching and creation of text and art elements. Prepare sample layouts for approval and feedback while using style guides for client work. Work with partners for instructions and feedback throughout process, making modifications when needed. Select appropriate size and style of type, column width and spacing for the medium in which content is to be presented (large-format screens, mobile digital devices, etc.). Store and file all work and art files for handoffs or historical archiving.
- Minimum four years Disney Leadership Experience, or significant related professional experience
- Advanced knowledge: Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign and Illustrator) and Apple Keynote
- Excellent project/time management skills, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with adult learning and organization improvement principles
- Experience reviewing business strategy and translating it into learning solutions
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Experience collaborating with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to interact credibly and represent the Disney brand with external business clients at all levels
- Work in autonomous and structured environments without direction.
- Experience working with multiple clients at once within a variety of timelines.
- Critical Thinking and service oriented
- Team minded collaborator
- Motion graphics experience
- New illustration/art experience
- Specialty or extensive prior experience in Adult Learning
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Graphic Design Degree or certification
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.