Job Responsibilities : GPU Software Development Engineer (Remote)
Salary : $139000 per year
Company : Intel
Location : Remote US
The Graphics Performance Analyzers (GPA) team within the Software and Advanced Technology Group (SATG) is hiring a graphics software engineer who can deliver core components as a technical contributor and demonstrate an ability to work as a part of the highly skilled and collaborative multi-geo project team. The GPA team is supporting and extending a high-profile tool suite for optimizing graphics workloads used in the gaming industry focusing on Intel’s latest graphics silicon.
This position is ideal for a motivated and talented individual with a keen interest in performance profiling and 3D graphics in the gaming industry and who is willing to grow a market-leading tool suite beyond the current feature set. We are actively looking for an experienced software developer with skills rooted in C++. The ideal candidate is an energetic software developer with experience in Graphics and Gaming toolsets. The candidate will work to design develop maintain and validate core software components on a variety of Intel-powered devices and operating systems.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and clarity in technical communications
- Strong attention to detail when designing and writing code running tests and filing defects
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/ classes/ research and/or relevant previous job and/ or internship experiences.
- Bachelors with 2+ years or Master’s with 1+ years in Computer Science Computer Engineering Electrical/Software Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of C++ experience with exposure to writing Cross-Platform Code
- 2+ years of experience with the following technical skills:
- Good knowledge in the areas of 3D graphics techniques and the 3D graphics pipeline
- Good understanding of at least one of 3D graphics APIs such as Vulkan DirectX OpenGL or Metal.
This position is not eligible for an Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Experience developing apps with at least one Graphics API preferably Vulkan or DirectX 12
- Experience Developing 3D games / Games industry experience
- Ability to contribute to the complex technical projects
- Experience shipping production software in an Agile/Scrum Team
- Multi-geo and cross-cultural communication experience
Inside this Business Group
Do you want to impact how thousands of software developers around the world use Intel platforms? Join the Developer Software Engineering (DSE) organization and work on the latest technology enabling compilers debuggers analyzers libraries and parallel runtimes. You will develop industry-leading software which abstracts and showcases Intel platforms extracts peak performance and amplifies Intel business through our Hardware and Software developer communities.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal state and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion religious creed sex national origin ancestry age physical or mental disability medical condition genetic information military and veteran status marital status pregnancy gender gender expression gender identity sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by local law regulation or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay stock bonuses and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Work Model for this Role
This role is available as fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need.