Job Responsibilities : Bilingual (Cantonese/English) Customer Care Advisor – Scarborough, ON
Salary : 16 per hour
Company : Scotiabank
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
Requisition ID: 146422
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
When you join our Customer Contact Centre you’re joining an internationally recognized award-winning workplace that has been 186 years in the making and poised to deliver superior customer care in the future! You’re positioning yourself to build a career with a respected financial institution that is Canada’s most international bank. You’re ready to enjoy and support a corporate culture built around recognition and rewards diversity and inclusion and the core values of respect integrity passion and accountability.
Your opportunities for professional growth will be supported by banking leaders focused on long-term success. You’ll apply the skills gained from these mentors when you work on Bank initiatives that make a difference in our communities and with customers across the country. From day one on the job you’ll enjoy a comprehensive suite of customizable benefits including an Incentive Plan Pension Employee Share Ownership and Group RSPs as well as free employee banking wellness programs and employee discount programs.
Career culture progression. You’ll find it all here. Apply today.
Scotiabank’s response to COVID-19
Scotiabank’s main priority has always been the health and safety of our employees and customers. We have rapidly deployed extensive and proactive preventative measures across the Bank and we continue to follow all guidelines provided by government officials. Many of our workspaces have been reconfigured to allow for physical distancing. We have emphasized preventative hygiene practices and have increased sanitization protocols for our various branches and locations. In addition we are providing virtual medical assistance for our operations and customer contact center employees in order to support them with any medical inquires and/or concerns they may have. Scotiabank is continuing to create and address health and safety plans as we overcome this crisis together.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! We want you to join our team and have the ability to work the way you want! Hybrid means we are flexible on where you work during the week. You will be required to come into the office for a minimum amount of time and certain requirements will need to be in place – read more to find out.
Who we are:
The Scotiabank Customer Contact Centre team is at the heart of our operations. Our Canadian Banking Contact Centres (CBCCs) are based out of six locations in Canada Mexico Colombia and Dominican Republic.
Our key guiding purpose For every future articulates why we do what we do. Our all-inclusive culture empowers our employees to make decisions that are best suited for their careers.
Together we make a difference by harnessing the limitless potential that diversity offers.
At CBCC you’ll have the opportunity to build a unique career with an inclusive award-winning workplace that delivers superior customer experiences. You’ll be part of a team that is leading the future of banking.
From day one on the job you’ll enjoy a comprehensive suite of customizable benefits including an Incentive Plan Pension Employee Share Ownership and Group RSPs as well as employee banking privileges wellness programs and employee discount programs.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You’ll use the knowledge of our products and services to lead interactions with our Canadian Banking customers to offer them valuable advice.
- Take Inbound phone calls from our customer and branches to provide useful information and ensure customers are satisfied with our products and services.
- Excel at identifying customer banking needs providing customized solutions by using accessible resources navigating through multiple systems.
- Respond to complaints and walking customers through basic troubleshooting or set up processes.
Skills and traits – What you bring and what you will learn:
- You’re passionate about customer service and have experience in customer-focused roles
- Your self-directed performance-oriented approach will allow you to resolve immediate customer enquiries while your natural curiosity and focus on improving things will lead you to identify new opportunities to maximize the customer experience.
- You know your way around a computer and can easily multitask between numerous internal platforms while dealing directly with your customers.
- You have a high school diploma (or a recognized equivalent)
- You’re comfortable connecting with customers over the telephone to make the customer experience uniquely personal and champion the Scotiabank brand.
- You speak both Cantonese and English fluently
Perks you can look forward to:
From day one of your new career you will enjoy:
- Employee banking fees privileges
- Pre-assigned allotted personal days to help with personal and cultural commitments
- An extensive suite of customizable benefits
- Opportunities for long term savings (employee share program RRSPs pension)
- Access to thousands of internal learning courses
- Global Tuition Program
- Best Workplaces in Canada 2021
- Top Companies LinkedIn 2021
- Best Workplaces for Women in Canada 2021
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021
- World’s Best Workplaces 2020
At Scotiabank your career is not yours alone; your ideas matter your voice matters you matter. Join a team that will help you Discover Your Potential.
Hiring & Training Details
Location: Our Customer Contact Centre is located on
888 Birchmount Scarborough ON. M1K 5L1
Our upcoming hire dates include:
Hire Date: July 5th 2022
Position Status: Full -Time (37.5 hours per week)
Must be available between 8:00am – 4:00pm EST for up to 8 weeks of full time training. There will be an opportunity to attend part of this training virtually from home pending technology and hardware set up. In person training may reflect timings of shift assignments.
Work Schedules & Shifts
We are seeking flexibility from candidates as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (24/7). Permanent ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training.
Work From Home/Hybrid
While you will begin your employment at the location above once you to meet a variety of criteria which includes but not limited to private workspace internet bandwidth tenure and performance you will potentially be provided the opportunity to work from home after 3 months as we work to be agile with regional health guidelines and regulations.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada’s International Bank we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to an accessible interview site alternate format documents ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.