Job Responsibilities : CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE
Salary : $26.49–$30.72 an hour
Company : Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Location : London, ON CA
Our vision is to make Government better through service excellence and innovation. Our Mission is to design and deliver excellent services and solutions and to champion service delivery transformation.
If you strive to provide customers with a positive service experience and thrive in a fast-paced team driven environment then a career as a customer care representative may be for you!
- The 1 temporary up to 12 months full-time position with possibility of extension in Aylmer works regular hours of 36.25 hours per week.
- 2 irregular on-call positions located in Aylmer and Simcoe are for up to 12 months with possibility of extension and these two positions have working hours that range from 0 to 36.25 hours per week.
- 1 irregular on-call position located in London is for up to 6 months with possibility of extension and has working hours that range from 0 to 36.25 hours per week.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide quality in-person front counter customer services by providing timely and accurate information related to government programs products and services in a retail and customer service oriented environment
- provide interpretation of guidelines directives and procedures
- provide guidance and support to customers in completing documents and forms and in the use of public access workstations (i.e. online small business registration)
- provide guidance and support to customers experiencing problems accessing or obtaining specialized information and refer to the appropriate program area or organization for resolution
- process business and individual customer transactions determining that eligibility requirements are met and obtaining required documents
- collect and process payments issuing refunds and reconcile payments with transactions
- maintain files and electronic database systems
- produce a variety of reports and
- Entry level applicants may be hired at the Customer Service Representative 2 Training (CSR – 2T) level
- Starting salary for the CSR – 2T level: $24.85 per hour
How do I qualify?
Customer Service and Communication Skills:
- You have experience providing in-person front counter customer service responding to inquiries providing advice and information and resolving customer issues in a high-volume environment.
- You are a clear concise oral communicator and can ask appropriate questions to better understand customer inquiries before responding.
- You have written communication skills to prepare correspondence.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with the public and resolve customer complaints.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills:
- You have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills to probe for information assess situations and determine appropriate course of action.
- You can effectively analyze information to determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed.
- You demonstrate judgement and tact when interacting with customers.
Collaboration and Organizational Skills:
- You have flexibility and collaboration skills to effectively work in a team-driven environment and ensure that operational requirements are being met.
- You can interact with other team members to discuss varying points of views ideas and opinions to help make decisions.
- You have planning and organization skills to organize and prioritize workloads.
- You have general knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal provincial and federal level.
- You have the ability to reference research and apply relevant legislation regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines etc.) in order to support the accurate completion of forms and transactions.
Financial and Administrative Skills:
- You have experience handling cash and operating cash registers and point of sale machines to process monetary transactions.
- You can accurately calculate fees collect money balance floats prepare deposits and reports.
- You have administrative skills and can accurately maintain filing systems.
- You are proficient with word processing spreadsheet database email and internet applications
- You have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet Internet databases and electronic manuals) to research retrieve and summarize information
OPS Commitment to diversity inclusion accessibility and anti- racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse anti-racist inclusive accessible merit-based respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities Indigenous Black and racialized individuals as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins sexual orientations gender identities and expressions.
OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the
OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity accessibility diversity and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s
Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- 1 Temporary – Irregular On-Call duration up to 12 months 50 Frederick Hobson VC Dr Simcoe West Region Criminal Record Check
- 1 Temporary – Irregular On-Call duration up to 12 months 615 John St N Aylmer West Region Criminal Record Check
- 1 Temporary duration up to 12 months 615 John St N Aylmer West Region Criminal Record Check
- 1 Temporary – Irregular On-Call duration up to 6 months 100 Dundas St London West Region Criminal Record Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS) Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP) the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO) Talent Development Branch Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable the TSO with your written consent will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.