Job Responsibilities : Government Affairs Analyst
Salary : $76800 per year
Company : Point32Health
Location : Remote US
Under the direction of the Federal Affairs leadership the Government Affairs Analyst (“Analyst”) will review analyze summarize and distribute to other departments proposed amended and newly enacted Federal guidance that impact the Enterprise. This includes legislative regulations and other policy developments. The Analyst will work with key opinion leaders and trade organizations on Federal matters impacting the business. The Analyst will also collaborate with the business to develop policy positions in support of advocacy efforts with key stakeholders outside the organization.
The Federal Affairs Analyst will be involved with a variety of key business stakeholders from across the enterprise in establishing and maintaining company initiatives related to Federal legislative and regulatory obligations. This requires learning and understanding the applicability of at a minimum state and federal guidance related to MAOs MCEs HMOs TPAs POS PPO and UR entities in the states in which we operate. The Analyst will be asked to independently review and make preliminary judgments as to the implications of policies being modified or developed. The Analyst will be expected to clearly synthesize Federal activities including Federal legislation and regulations and serve as a resource person for key stakeholders and trade associations.
The Analyst must be resourceful detail-oriented and able to assimilate and analyze a wide variety of information often working under deadline pressure with a variety of levels of staff. Position requires simultaneous action at varying stages—initiation follow through and completion—on a number of different projects.
- Work with Federal Affairs leadership Government Affairs staff trade associations and regulatory agencies to advance organizational priorities including working with Government Affairs leadership to draft responses to developing and proposed policies.
- Independently track analyze summarize and communicate proposed and final Federal guidance. Analyses must clearly articulate the guidance in a manner that can be understood and utilized by business leaders. The Analyst will work with the business and Government Affairs leadership to identify potential operational and policy impacts.
- Provide technical support to departments regarding current proposed and newly promulgated Federal guidance including acting as a subject matter expert in support of implementation activities related to newly enacted Federal legislation and regulations.
- Conduct regulatory research and solicit reporting requirements including independently drafting and distributing a monthly summary of key events to the business and developing responses to external requests for information in collaboration with appropriate business owners.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- The Analyst will have frequent contact with key stakeholders and excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Attention to detail critical and high sense of accuracy
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all situations.
- Must also possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and other computer skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently be highly organized and able to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member.