Job Responsibilities : Accounts Payable Coordinator
Salary : $51,815–$64,770 a year
Company : Regional Municipality of Peel
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Corporate Services Department – Corporate Finance Division
Contract Full-Time; 13 Months
Pay Band: $51815 to $64770 per annum
Reporting to the Supervisor Accounts Payable the Accounts Payable Coordinator plays an important role within the Corporate Finance team. In this role your impact will be felt as you efficiently and accurately process payments and control expenses.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Ensuring all payment requests are properly authorized and receipt of services/goods acknowledged prior to processing the item for payment.
- Ensuring HST tax is properly assessed and rebates are captured.
- Ensuring all document processing adheres to Purchasing by-laws and Regional policies and procedures. Ex: expense claims payment certificates and cheque requests.
- Inputting payment documents into the PeopleSoft Financial System.
- Reconciling supplier statements to the documents on hand or details in the system.
- Inputting and/or updating accounts payable vendor information in the system.
- High school diploma with several years in a computerized on-line accounts payable environment.
- Additional accounting courses would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of all accounts payable functions including the ability to prepare and reconcile reports.
- Knowledge of the Region of Peel’s accounts payable procedures would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational communications and customer service skills are required in order to deal effectively with the public vendors and internal staff.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
Location: at 10 Peel Centre Drive Brampton.
Hours of Work
: 35 hours per week
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks eye protection etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal
or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario
Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated
a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173000 businesses in Brampton Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we’re focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel explore peelregion.ca.
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings interview dates) it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.