Job Responsibilities : Staff Software Engineer, Mobile (Android), Wear OS
Salary : $147000 per year
Company : Google
Location : Remote US
In-office locations: San Diego CA USA; Mountain View CA USA; Cambridge MA U.S..
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience testing and launching software products and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- 5 years of experience with Android application development.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex matrixed organization involving cross-functional and/or cross-business projects.
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect explore and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas including information retrieval distributed computing large-scale system design networking and data storage security artificial intelligence natural language processing UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities deadlines and deliverables. You will design develop test deploy maintain and enhance software solutions.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google engineers not only revolutionize search they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome Android to YouTube social to local Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $198000 – $212000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Provide technical leadership on high-impact projects.
- Influence and coach a distributed team of engineers.
- Facilitate alignment and clarity across teams on goals outcomes and timelines.
- Manage project priorities deadlines and deliverables.
- Design develop test deploy maintain and enhance large scale software solutions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race color ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship marital status disability gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.