Job Responsibilities : Staff Test Engineer, Android
Salary : $80000 per year
Company : Google
Location : Remote US
In-office locations: Seattle WA U.S..
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in coding developing test methodologies writing test plans creating test cases and debugging.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5 years of experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
- 4 years of experience providing technical leadership and leading projects (e.g. test release etc.).
- 3 years of experience working with executive leaders.
About the job
At Google our philosophy is build it break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies Test Engineers at Google aren’t manual testers – you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer you navigate Google’s massive codebase identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You’ll have a huge impact on the quality of Google’s growing suite of products and services.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good enabling access to information economic opportunity productivity connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones tablets TVs wearables etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $120000 – $129000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Drive the strategy for automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Deliver test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategies. Own test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across functions.
- Guide the test framework test preconditions and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Own opportunities and manage efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development scheduling or deployment.
- Lead product design reviews with product managers software/hardware engineers and other stakeholders to contribute to product design testability and implementation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race color ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship marital status disability gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.